Combat Map - Turn 57

Tuesday, February 14, 2017

The Votes Are In

The votes are in and you have picked module as the format. The vote was split between Normal vs. Core. The module is designed using material mostly from the Core Rulebook, so I have decided we will play Core. This also has the added benefit of introducing Joe to the game and PFS.

The module is Gallows of Madness and the first adventure is “A Foul Breed”. Each of the three adventures contained in the module are tier 1-3. That means to play them all with the same character, and earn the bonus chronicle, you will need to start with a 1st level guy.

I need everyone to create (or dust off) a 1st level Core PFS character. Please supply a Hero Lab .pdf for posting on the site. You will also need to find an image to represent your character on the combat map. Once I have all of that, we can get started.

Here is some context about the area where you will be adventuring. The events of the module take place in and around the Isgeri town of Saringallow. Isger is a vassal state of Cheliax located in south-central Avistan. The town’s mayor, Sandra Trinelli (human), has put out a discrete call for adventurers. The adventure begins with the PCs answering that call. Saringallow is a large town with a population 2,110 (1,800 humans, 200 half-elves, 60 gnomes and 50 other).

18 comments:

  1. I am ready to start once everyone decides on a character. The first post is queued up and ready to go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If it's a module, cant you just play whatever and assign it to a PFS character? Or are you just stipulating that we need to play a new core guy?

    ReplyDelete
  3. We will be using Core PFS characters. I am not running this in "campaign mode" like we have for other modules.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Got it. In that case, I'll bring the rogue.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. actually I'm gonna split him to Ranger after 2nd level... provided he lives.

      Delete
    2. I do not expect to kill anyone but we are talking low-level guys and crits do happen.

      Delete
  5. So far I have heard:

    Dave - Rogue
    Bruce - Sorcerer
    Matt H - Fighter
    Matt F - Cleric
    Steve - ?
    Joe - ?

    Besides, character sheets and avatar images, I will also need both a single-file and double-file marching order and any other standard orders you wish to utilize.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need everyone to create (or dust off) a 1st level Core PFS character.

    Ok what does this mean in regards to Hero Labs. What can I have selected? Sorry I haven't played Core Rules Pathfinder yet. lol

    What sources can I use?

    Thanks in advance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Click on 'core' then it will not offer anything illegal.

      Delete
    2. The sources to start are just the Core Rulebook. If you get access to something on a chronicle, if you own the source, you then get access to that item/feature.

      On the Configure Hero menu, select PFS and Core.

      Delete
    3. I was playing on the iPad. I will look at it when I get home on the computer. iPad is too small anyway. lol

      Delete
  7. This appears to be how things are shaking out:

    Dave - Rogue
    Bruce - Sorcerer
    Matt H - Fighter
    Matt F - Cleric
    Steve - Rogue
    Joe - Fighter

    I have characters sheets and images from Dave and Matt H. Joe will be working on his guy over the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Proactive poke ...

    Still looking for guys from Bruce, Matt F and Steve. I expect Joe's guy on Sunday. If I can get all the characters before Monday, we can start.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dave can attest, I am actually working on it. I just have a few minor tweaks to make on my Cleric. Will have it to you soon.

    ReplyDelete