Combat Map - Turn 36

Wednesday, December 6, 2017

GoM: What Lurks in the Woods - GM Turn Post 36

Begin Combat Round 4.

Starting positions are displayed on the combat map.

Initiative 18: Stabem
Initiative 18: Wahesh
Initiative 17: Barnacleez
Initiative 17: Lou G’Boo
Initiative 17: Ro-Mahn
Initiative 15: Invisible Opponent
Initiative 15: Lady Emyralda
Initiative 11: Cando

No targets are yet visible.

Please submit your turn instructions using the Player Action Response - Turn Post Template. If you are planning to use a specific skill, please list the skill and the associated roll(s) along with your 5 d20 rolls.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Conditions:

Cando - 8 points of nonlethal damage
Ro-Mahn - 13 points of nonlethal damage
Lady Emyralda - 6 points of nonlethal damage
Lou G’Boo - 2 points of nonlethal damage
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Map Key:

The stairs start in W10 and end in V19. The rise is 30 feet.
The fortress gate is in R19 and S18.
Orange-tan squares are the brown substance from pots (V8-V14, U13-U18, T18).
Arrows pointing down are rope. It is a 25’ climb from U17 to V17 or T21 to S20
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Party Health:

Cando Numida (19/19), Wahesh Captain (20/20), Stabem (17/17), Lady Emyralda (16/16), Ro-Mahn (15/15), Barnacleez (19/19), Lou G'Boo (9/9)

GoM: What Lurks in the Woods – Turn Results 35

Ro-Mahn waited for the party members on the ground to get into position. Wahesh readied, waiting for Barnacleez to move closer. Stabem moved to the south and acted as a lookout.

The sorcerer moved forward as fast as he could toward the rest of the party. Wahesh pulled out his rope and stepped next to the gnome. The fighter handed the rope to Lou G’Boo and Barnacleez dispatched his familiar to climb the scaffolding and deliver the rope to Ro-Mahn. The monkey took 6 nonlethal damage for his efforts but delivered the package. The rogue grabbed the rope from the monkey and managed to tie it off to the gate and toss the free end down the cliff. The end landed on the ground next to the waiting Stabem’s feet.

Lady Emyralda moved to the base of the scaffolding and channeled positive energy. The wave of healing cured herself, Cando and Lou G’Boo of 4 nonlethal damage each. Cando moved out of the mold to the relative safety next to Ro-Mahn. The half-orc used his wand to cure himself of 5 nonlethal damage.

Thursday, November 16, 2017

This Time It's On Me ...

Sorry for the radio silence. Been busy at work and in my personal life. I have not had the time nor the will to push the game forward.

That said, I would like to get us wrapped up on the current adventure before the end of the year. There are only a couple of encounters left. U-Con is this weekend and I am busy getting ready for that. I will try to post turn results and a new turn on Monday to achieve forward progress.

Assuming everyone is willing and recharged, we can then delve into the third part of the module at the start of 2018.

Hope everyone is well.

Wednesday, September 27, 2017

GoM: What Lurks in the Woods - GM Turn Post 35

Begin Combat Round 3.

Starting positions are displayed on the combat map.

Initiative 23: Ro-Mahn
Initiative 18: Wahesh
Initiative 18: Stabem
Initiative 17: Barnacleez
Initiative 15: Invisible Opponent
Initiative 15: Lady Emyralda
Initiative 11: Cando

No targets are yet visible.

Please submit your turn instructions using the Player Action Response - Turn Post Template. If you are planning to use a specific skill, please list the skill and the associated roll(s) along with your 5 d20 rolls.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Conditions:

Cando - 17 points of nonlethal damage
Ro-Mahn - 13 points of nonlethal damage
Lady Emyralda - 10 points of nonlethal damage
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Map Key:

The stairs start in W10 and end in V19. The rise is 30 feet.
The fortress gate is in R19 and S18.
Orange-tan squares are the brown substance from pots (V8-V14, U13-U18, T18).
Arrow pointing down is a rope. It is a 25’ climb from U17 to V17.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Party Health:

Cando Numida (19/19), Wahesh Captain (20/20), Stabem (17/17), Lady Emyralda (16/16), Ro-Mahn (15/15), Barnacleez (19/19), Lou G'Boo (9/9)

GoM: What Lurks in the Woods – Turn Results 34

Ro-Mahn moved up the stairs and away from the mold, hunkering down in the shadows. The rogue checked the gate for traps. He did not find any but did determine that the gate was barred with a stout beam from the other side. His professional assessment was that the gate could be battered down but it might be easier for someone to scale it and open it from the other side.

Wahesh left the stairs and warily moved along the cliff toward the hanging rope. Stabem stepped in behind the fighter alert for new dangers. Barnacleez held his ground and awaited the appearance of a target.

The invisible opponent dropped another alchemist’s fire onto the brown mold. Again, the concoction burst into flames and were immediately extinguished. The patch of plant matter grew explosively covering the rest of the staircase and encroaching upon the ground on either end. This surge growth caught Cando and Lady Emyralda in its wake. The fighter took 11 more nonlethal damage but due to his orcish ferocity, he managed to maintain his feet. The cleric took 10 nonlethal damage.

Lady Emyralda beat a hasty retreat toward Wahesh and Stabem. The staggered Cando cast a Cure Light Wounds spell upon himself. It healed 7 nonlethal damage and allowed the fighter/bard to remain standing for the moment.

Monday, September 25, 2017

GoM: What Lurks in the Woods - GM Turn Post 34

Begin Combat Round 2.

Starting positions are displayed on the combat map.

Initiative 23: Ro-Mahn
Initiative 18: Stabem
Initiative 18: Wahesh
Initiative 17: Barnacleez
Initiative 15: Invisible Opponent
Initiative 15: Lady Emyralda
Initiative 11: Cando

No targets are yet visible.

Please submit your turn instructions using the Player Action Response - Turn Post Template. If you are planning to use a specific skill, please list the skill and the associated roll(s) along with your 5 d20 rolls.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Conditions:

Cando - 13 points of non-lethal damage
Ro-Mahn - 13 points of non-lethal damage
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Map Key:

The stairs start in W10 and end in V19. The rise is 30 feet.
The fortress gate is in R19 and S18.
Orange-tan squares are the brown substance from pots (V11, V12, V13, U14, V14, V15, V16 ).
Arrow pointing down is a rope. It is a 25’ climb from U17 to V17.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Party Health:

Cando Numida (19/19), Wahesh Captain (20/20), Stabem (17/17), Lady Emyralda (16/16), Ro-Mahn (15/15), Barnacleez (19/19), Lou G'Boo (9/9)

GoM: What Lurks in the Woods – Turn Results 33

Ro-Mahn tied off a rope and lowered it down to the ground. Stabem moved toward the rope while keeping an eye out for danger. Wahesh drew his bow and readied for a target to appear. Barnacleez drew his wand and stepped back to the cover of the trees awaiting something to attack.

A flask of alchemist’s fire materialized in the air and dropped from the roof of one of the buildings at the top of the cliff (T13). It landed near the center of the patch of brown substance. The flask hit and burst into flames but was immediately extinguished as the substance expanded and grew along the stairs. The organic growth doubled in area and caused a chilling wave to wash over Cando, Ro-Mahn and Wahesh. The half-orc and the rogue each took 13 non-lethal damage while Wahesh only took 5 non-lethal damage.

Lady Emyralda pulled out her wand of Cure Light Wounds and healed Wahesh of 1 damage and 5 non-lethal damage. Cando retreated up the stairs, moving past Ro-Mahn to the top, to escape the unnatural cold.

Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Welcome to Pathfinder Boon

There is a free boon for your -1 PFS character. This will be especially handy for Joe but may benefit some of the rest of you too. Check it out at http://paizo.com/include/WelcomeToPathfinder.zip


If you wish to apply this boon, let me know and I will fill one out an sign it for you.

Tuesday, September 19, 2017

GoM: What Lurks in the Woods - GM Turn Post 33

Roll initiative.

Starting positions are displayed on the combat map.

No targets are yet visible.

Please submit your turn instructions using the Player Action Response - Turn Post Template. If you are planning to use a specific skill, please list the skill and the associated roll(s) along with your 5 d20 rolls.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Conditions:

None
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Map Key:

The stairs start in W10 and end in V19. The rise is 30 feet.
The fortress gate is in R19 and S18.
Orange-tan squares are the brown substance from pots (V12, V13, U14 and V14).
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Party Health: 

Cando Numida (19/19), Wahesh Captain (19/20), Stabem (17/17), Lady Emyralda (16/16), Ro-Mahn (15/15), Barnacleez (19/19), Lou G'Boo (9/9)

GoM: What Lurks in the Woods – Turn Results 32

The party dispatched the unconscious goblins and searched them for valuables. The monsters only carried standard goblin fare; small leather armor, light wooden shields, dogslicers and shortbows.

Wahesh moved to the stairs and inspected them for safety. As the fighter was about to start the climb, Ro-Mahn stepped up and took a look himself. Not sensing any dangers, the rogue took the lead. Wahesh followed with Cando falling in after him. Lady Emyralda, Stabem and Barnacleez followed behind.

The stairs were much more sturdy than they appeared and certainly less treacherous that scaling the cliff face. Unfortunately, both Wahesh and Ro-Mahn missed the cleverly hidden trap.  About halfway up the stairs, Ro-Mahn stepped down on a stair and felt it give. This triggered a mechanism that launched 3 pots from the top of one of the buildings. The pots were attached to ropes and swung out and arched back to smash against the cliff face. At this point the leaders saw it coming and were able to dodge out of the way. Ro-Mahn and Cando surged forward and Wahesh scrambled back forcing those behind to back-pedal. The surrounding area dropped about 30 degrees as the brown substance within was exposed to the air.

Ro-Mahn and Cando made it close enough to the entrance to examine it more closely.

A piecemeal steel and iron fence runs between two wooden buildings. A seven-foot-tall wooden gate constructed from fragments of tower shields blocks a crudely cut hole in the fence, while wooden stairs lead down the side of the rock face.

Wednesday, September 13, 2017

GoM: What Lurks in the Woods - GM Turn Post 32

What do you do now? Looking to the edge of the trees, the party can see:

Lashed-together wooden poles form a makeshift staircase crudely bolted and fixed to the side of the stone shelf. The stairs lead upward to a platform that sits thirty feet above the ground.

Starting positions are displayed on the combat map.

Please submit your turn instructions using the Player Action Response - Turn Post Template. If you are planning to use a specific skill, please list the skill and the associated roll(s) along with your 5 d20 rolls.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Conditions:

None
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Map Key:

The stairs start in W10 and end in V19. The rise is 30 feet.
The fortress gate is in S20 and T19
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Party Health: 

Cando Numida (19/19), Wahesh Captain (19/20), Stabem (17/17), Lady Emyralda (16/16), Ro-Mahn (15/15), Barnacleez (19/19), Lou G'Boo (9/9)

GoM: What Lurks in the Woods – Turn Results 31

The goblin that Wahesh, Cando and Barnacleez had previously attacked let out a yelp and retreated into the tree-top foliage, hiding from view. The monster that fell from its tree managed to stand up and barely kept its feet. The last goblin fired at Stabem but missed the halfling.

Unable to see his previous target, Washesh instead fired upon the woozy goblin. The arrow missed wide. Stabem finished his climb and stabbed the treed goblin with his rapier and dealing 5 damage. The monster screamed in pain and fell from the tree. The fall dealt 4 damage as the goblin bounced once and then lay unmoving. Ro-Mahn targeted the woozy goblin with his sling. The bullet hit the monster in the head dealing 2 damage and knocked it over.

Cando drew another dart and prepared to throw it once a target became visible. Seeing nothing, the half-orc ran forward and shook the tree where the goblin was hiding. The hiding goblin lost its balance and fell from its perch like a piece of ripened fruit. The fall dealt an additional 5 damage and rendered the monster unconscious. Barnacleez stood ready with his wand in hand but no further targets appeared. Lady Emyralda cast a Guidance spell on Ro-Mahn.

Friday, September 8, 2017

GoM: What Lurks in the Woods - GM Turn Post 31

Begin Combat Round 3.

Starting positions are displayed on the combat map.

Current Initiative order:

Initiative 25: Fiendish Goblins
Initiative 23: Wahesh
Initiative 22: Stabem
Initiative 21: Ro-Mahn
Initiative 16: Cando
Initiative 13: Barnacleez
Initiative 5: Lady Emyralda

Please submit your turn instructions using the Player Action Response - Turn Post Template. If you are planning to use a specific skill, please list the skill and the associated roll(s) along with your 5 d20 rolls.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Conditions:

The goblins in trees are 15 feet up.
Stabem is 10 feet up a tree.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Map Key:

The stairs start in W10 and end in V19. The rise is 30 feet.
The fortress gate is in S20 and T19
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Party Health:

Cando Numida (19/19), Wahesh Captain (19/20), Stabem (17/17), Lady Emyralda (16/16), Ro-Mahn (15/15), Barnacleez (19/19), Lou G'Boo (9/9)

GoM: What Lurks in the Woods – Turn Results 30

Correction from the previous round. Damage dealt by the goblins was incorrect. Should have been Wahesh 4, Cando 2 and Stabem 1. I inadvertently added 3 damage to each roll.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The goblins fired arrows at the party again. Wahesh was hit for 1 damage while Cando and Stabem were missed.

Wahesh returned fire and then took cover. The fighter’s arrow struck dealing 2 damage. Stabem began climbing the tree and managed to get 10 feet off the ground for his efforts. Ro-Mahn fired a bullet from his sling. The projectile hit the monster for 5 damage. The goblin lost its balance and fell from its perch and landed with a thud at the base of the tree. It suffered 1 more damage leaving it prone and staggered. 

Cando heaved another dart but missed his target. Barnacleez fired his wand at the goblin attacked by Wahesh. The Magic Missile hit the monster for 3 damage. It screamed in pain but managed to remain in the tree. Lady Emyralda moved closer to Stabem and channeled positive energy which healed the wounded party members of 4 damage each.

Wednesday, September 6, 2017

GoM: What Lurks in the Woods - GM Turn Post 30

Begin Combat Round 2.

Starting positions are displayed on the combat map.

Current Initiative order:

Initiative 25: Fiendish Goblins
Initiative 23: Wahesh
Initiative 22: Stabem
Initiative 21: Ro-Mahn
Initiative 16: Cando
Initiative 13: Barnacleez
Initiative 5: Lady Emyralda

The goblins are 15 feet up the trees.

Please submit your turn instructions using the Player Action Response - Turn Post Template. If you are planning to use a specific skill, please list the skill and the associated roll(s) along with your 5 d20 rolls.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Conditions:
None

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Map Key:

The stairs start in W10 and end in V19. The rise is 30 feet.
The fortress gate is in S20 and T19
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Party Health:

Cando Numida (14/19), Wahesh Captain (13/20), Stabem (13/17), Lady Emyralda (16/16), Ro-Mahn (15/15), Barnacleez (19/19), Lou G'Boo (9/9)

GoM: What Lurks in the Woods – Turn Results 29

The goblins opened fire with their shortbows. Wahesh was struck by an arrow dealing 7 damage. Cando had two arrow come his way but only one found its mark, dealing 5 damage. The arrow aimed at Ro-Mahn missed but the one shot at Stabem found its target. The halfling suffered 4 damage.

Wahesh stepped to his right and drew his bow. The fighter shot an arrow in return fire. The arrow struck home and dealt 4 damage. Stabem moved to the left toward the tree where the goblin who shot at him was perched. The halfling made it to the tree and got ready to start climbing as the undergrowth slowed his movement. Ro-Mahn fished out his sling and moved toward the goblin which attacked him. The rogue’s bullet found the mark and dealt 5 damage.

Cando produced a dart and heaved it at the treed goblin to his right. The projectile struck home with a satisfying thunk cutting the goblin’s battle cry short. It fell from the tree dead. Barnacleez drew his wand of Magic Missiles and fired upon the goblin attacking Ro-Mahn. The spell hit dealing 3 damage and knocked the monster from the tree. Satisfied with a job well done, the gnome ducked behind a nearby tree for cover. Lady Emyralda shot a firebolt at the goblin attacking Stabem but missed the monster by a mile.

Monday, August 28, 2017

GoM: What Lurks in the Woods - GM Turn Post 29

Roll Initiative. Begin Combat Round 1.

Starting positions are displayed on the combat map.

The goblins are 15 feet up the trees.

Please submit your turn instructions using the Player Action Response - Turn Post Template. If you are planning to use a specific skill, please list the skill and the associated roll(s) along with your 5 d20 rolls.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Conditions:
None

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Map Key:

The stairs start in W10 and end in V19. The rise is 30 feet.
The fortress gate is in S20 and T19
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Party Health:

Cando Numida (19/19), Wahesh Captain (20/20), Stabem (17/17), Lady Emyralda (16/16), Ro-Mahn (15/15), Barnacleez (19/19), Lou G'Boo (9/9)

GoM: What Lurks in the Woods – Turn Results 28

Further searching of the area surrounding the ruined structure yielded nothing further. Lady Emyralda healed Cando’s wounds before the party moved on. After about another hour’s travel, the goal came into view.

Soft light filters through the branches of the forest, which is still and silent. A rough platform formed of interlocking hexagonal stone columns rises thirty feet above the forest floor, abutting the foot of the mountain. A rickety wooden staircase attached to the side of the cliff leads to the top of the platform, which is covered by a ramshackle collection of boxy wooden buildings surrounded by a patchwork steel fence.

As the Pathfinders viewed the fortification through the trees, Stabem looked up and spotted danger. “Goblins! They are in the trees!”

Thursday, August 24, 2017

GoM: What Lurks in the Woods - GM Turn Post 28

Based upon the distance traveled and the information provided by the goblin captive, the party believes that they are close to their destination.

What do you do next?

Please submit your turn instructions using the Player Action Response - Turn Post Template. If you are planning to use a specific skill, please list the skill and the associated roll(s) along with your 5 d20 rolls.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Conditions:
None

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Map Key:

Gray lines are the crumbling stone walls.
Black rectangle is the remains of a doorway.
Dark green are areas overgrown with taller weeds and grass.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Party Health:

Cando Numida (19/19), Wahesh Captain (20/20), Stabem (17/17), Lady Emyralda (16/16), Ro-Mahn (11/15), Barnacleez (19/19), Lou G'Boo (9/9)

GoM: What Lurks in the Woods – Turn Results 27

Lady Emyralda moved forward and blasted the plant monster with her Fire Bolt. The spell-like ability hit dealing 6 damage.

The creature continued to hold onto Ro-Mahn and pummeled the rogue for 2 damage. Further it started to suck the air from his lungs. The creature visible healed some of the damage inflicted by Lady Emyralda. Ro-Mahn resisted additional negative effect for being in the monster’s grasp.

Stabem moved up and skewered the monster dealing 3 damage with his rapier. Using the distraction to his advantage, Ro-Mahn struggled free of the plant’s grasp. Barnacleez pulled out his wand and cast Magic Missile. The spell hit the monster and dealt 3 damage.

Cando charged ahead with a bellow changing course to avoid Stabem who stepped in front of him. The half-orc swung his double axe but missed the monster. Wahesh strode cautiously forward and swung his longsword at the plant. The blow landed dealing 10 damage and killed the monster.

A search of the area did not turn up any additional monsters. Barnacleez found a metal box hidden in the foundation of the ruins. Inside he found a single feather. With the use of a Detect Magic spell and study, the sorcerer concluded, “This feather is an egg. When it hatches, the bird will tell me its name.”

Saturday, August 12, 2017

GoM: What Lurks in the Woods - GM Turn Post 27

Roll Initiative. Begin Combat Round 1.

Starting positions are displayed on the combat map.

Please submit your turn instructions using the Player Action Response - Turn Post Template. If you are planning to use a specific skill, please list the skill and the associated roll(s) along with your 5 d20 rolls.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Conditions:
Ro-Mahn - Grappled

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Map Key:

Gray lines are the crumbling stone walls.
Black rectangle is the remains of a doorway.
Dark green are areas overgrown with taller weeds and grass.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Party Health:

Cando Numida (19/19), Wahesh Captain (20/20), Stabem (17/17), Lady Emyralda (16/16), Ro-Mahn (13/15), Barnacleez (19/19), Lou G'Boo (9/9)

GoM: What Lurks in the Woods – Turn Results 26

The party stalked forward with Ro-Mahn in front followed closely by Cando and Wahesh. Lady Emyralda cast a Guidance spell on the rogue before he took the lead.

Barnacleez pulled out his wand and looked around alertly. Stabem followed the group in a stealthful manner.

Ro-Mahn tread forward searching the perimeter of the cottage ruins when something in the tall weeds attacked him. The rogue took 2 damage as a man-sized plant pummeled him and grabbed hold, attaching itself to its victim.

Wednesday, August 9, 2017

GoM: What Lurks in the Woods - GM Turn Post 26

The next day, the party came across the remains of a small farmstead.

Crumbling stone walls mark the site of what was once a small cottage, but is now merely a ruin. The remains of a garden, now in disarray, surround the dilapidated and collapsed cottage.

What do you do?

Starting positions are displayed on the combat map.

Please submit your turn instructions using the Player Action Response - Turn Post Template. If you are planning to use a specific skill, please list the skill and the associated roll(s) along with your 5 d20 rolls.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Conditions:
N/A

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Map Key:

Gray lines are the crumbling stone walls.
Black rectangle is the remains of a doorway.
Dark green Are areas overgrown with taller weeds and grass.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Party Health:

Cando Numida (19/19), Wahesh Captain (20/20), Stabem (17/17), Lady Emyralda (16/16), Ro-Mahn (15/15), Barnacleez (19/19), Lou G'Boo (9/9)

GoM: What Lurks in the Woods – Turn Results 25

Ro-Mahn tumbled around and behind the animal. The rogue stabbed the wolverine while flanking with Cando. His rapier pierced the monster dealing 7 damage. The gore covered wolverine returned the attack, assaulting the rogue with its claws and teeth. All three attacks landed dealing a total of 18 damage and dropped the rogue.

Cando swung his double axe twice. The fighter hit with both stokes dealing 17 damage and killing the monster.

Lady Emyralda used her Rebuke Death ability to stabilize Ro-Mahn, healing 2 damage from the rogue. She applied an additional use of the ability to heal another 2 damage and return the rogue to consciousness.

The Demon’s Bile on the goblin corpse was easily destroyed with applications of Rebuke Death spells and cold iron weapons. A search of the corpse after the cleansing yielded a small suit of masterwork studded leather armor and a small composite longbow fitted for a +1 STR bonus.

After searching the area, Lady Emyralda used her healing magics to restore Ro-Mahn to full health.

The party rested for the night and continued to follow the goblin trail the next morning.

Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Reminder


I am leaving tonight and will not be back until next Tuesday. I may check in from time to time but no promises on turn posts.

GoM: What Lurks in the Woods - GM Turn Post 25

Begin Combat Round 2.

Starting positions are displayed on the combat map.

Current Initiative order:

Initiative 22: Ro-Mahn
Initiative 16: Wolverine
Initiative 14: Cando
Initiative 11: Barnacleez
Initiative 9: Lady Emyralda
Initiative 9: Wahesh
Initiative 7: Stabem

Please submit your turn instructions using the Player Action Response - Turn Post Template. If you are planning to use a specific skill, please list the skill and the associated roll(s) along with your 5 d20 rolls.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Conditions:
N/A

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Map Key:
N/A

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Party Health:

Cando Numida (19/19), Wahesh Captain (20/20), Stabem (17/17), Lady Emyralda (16/16), Ro-Mahn (15/15), Barnacleez (19/19), Lou G'Boo (9/9)

GoM: What Lurks in the Woods – Turn Results 24

Ro-Mahn moved forward, drew his sling and fired a bullet at the animal. The shot hit the wolverine and dealt 8 damage. This enraged the creature and it charged the rogue. The wolverine slashed wildly with its claw but missed the target.

Cando charged forward and swung is double-axe. The blow landed and dealt 7 damage to the monster. Barnacleez shook his magic missile wand, Missy, and fired a spell at the monster. The missile flew forward but fizzled when it struck, dealing no damage. Lady Emyralda move up next to Cando and attacked with her scimitar but missed.

Wahesh approached from the left of Lady Emyralda and attacked the beast with his longsword. The blow landed and dealt 8 damage. Stabem moved in from the right and positioned himself for a future flanking attack.

Monday, July 31, 2017

GoM: What Lurks in the Woods - GM Turn Post 24

After the encounter with Asiclassus, the party continues to follow the goblins’ trail. Later in the day, they come upon further evidence that they are on the right track.

The rotting corpse of a goblin occupies the center of this small glade. Its eyes and face are missing, as if they were chewed or pecked off by wild animals, and its corpse is covered in purplish, festering goo that seems to be liquefying the body.

As the party enters the glade to investigate, a large wolverine with glowing red eyes breaks from the brush and confronts the party.

Roll initiative. Begin Combat Round 1.

Starting positions are displayed on the combat map.

Please submit your turn instructions using the Player Action Response - Turn Post Template. If you are planning to use a specific skill, please list the skill and the associated roll(s) along with your 5 d20 rolls.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Conditions:
N/A

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Map Key:
N/A

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Party Health:

Cando Numida (19/19), Wahesh Captain (20/20), Stabem (17/17), Lady Emyralda (16/16), Ro-Mahn (15/15), Barnacleez (19/19), Lou G'Boo (9/9)

GoM: What Lurks in the Woods – Turn Results 23

Cando started the introductions, “I am Cando Numida, Pathfinder extraordinaire. My friends and I are on the hunt for murderous goblins, and have no quarrel with you or your kingdom." The half-orc went on to relate a summary of the party’s goblin encounters so far, concluding with a description of the quality of the breakfast the party recently finished.  Cando concluded with a polite yet firm suggestion, “You should let us pass. We have important work to do.”

Ro-Mahn continued, "Your kingdom? Well, pardon us, mighty Asiclassus! We seek to do you the favor of ridding your kingdom of vermin such as this--" and gave Izgarp a poke. "As my brawny friend has said, we're well on our way to scouring the land of this plague. We've no intention of harming anyone along the way. Would you care to help?"

At the mention of breakfast, Asiclassus grew visibly more interested. Picking up on the creature’s interest, Stabem offered Asiclassus some food. This greatly improved its attitude and helpfulness.

After the rest of the party introduced themselves, and in the case of Barnacleez, all of their gear, the Katroome shared some information with the party. “Goblins I have seen recently. There was a whole mess of them. I do not remember seeing that one but others like it. The ones that stuck out were the terribly scarred one and the bugbear. He appeared to be the leader. As they were migrating through the area, I decided not to trouble with them.”

“If you are looking for the way they went, you are heading in the right direction. Continue to follow the stream to the northwest.”

“Mostly them moved through and have not been too much of a nuisance. There have been some traveling through in both directions. Just last week there was a group of them carrying a trussed up human to the northwest. She appeared to be unconscious.”

Consuming the last of the provided food, Asiclassus finished, “My that was delicious! I do not suppose that you could part with some more?”

Wednesday, July 26, 2017

GoM: What Lurks in the Woods - GM Turn Post 23

The light is dim in this part of the forest, as the interlocking branches of the trees form a thick, shadowy canopy. A large, halfling-sized, plump caterpillar of brilliant color lowers itself from the trees before the party. The creature exhibits a strangely self-important bearing as it demands, “Who are you that dare trespass in my kingdom? What are your names? You have the privilege of addressing Asiclassus.”

What do you do?

Starting positions are displayed on the combat map.

Please submit your turn instructions using the Player Action Response - Turn Post Template. If you are planning to use a specific skill, please list the skill and the associated roll(s) along with your 5 d20 rolls.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Conditions:
N/A

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Map Key:
N/A

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Party Health:

Cando Numida (19/19), Wahesh Captain (20/20), Stabem (17/17), Lady Emyralda (16/16), Ro-Mahn (15/15), Barnacleez (19/19), Lou G'Boo (9/9)

GoM: What Lurks in the Woods – Turn Results 22

Lady Emyralda moved toward the plant and unleashed a fire bolt. Unfortunately, in her haste, the spell-like ability missed the mark. Cando charged ahead bearing his double axe. The plant monster lashed out with a tendril as the fighter entered its threatened range. The blow landed and dealt 9 damage. Cando returned the favor with a slash from his axe dealing 10 damage.

Ro-Mahn pulled out his sling and sent a bullet at the plant. The projectile hit a dealt 2 damage. Stabem moved in and attacked with his rapier but missed with his thrust. The creeper released a cloud o pollen in Cando’s face allowing him and Stabem to attack again. The fighter hit dealing 8 damage but the rogue missed again. When the cloud cleared, Cando stood passively looking at the plant.  

Wahesh moved into position, flanking with Stabem. The fighter scored a masterful stroke cutting deep into the plant. The blow dealt 18 damage and killed the monster.

Barnacleez raised his wand to attack but seeing that the monster was dead, lowered Missy to his side once more.

After a few moments, Cando’s head cleared, allowing the fighter to act once more. Lady Emyralda healed the fighter before pressing the Pathfinders back to work.

After the party spent a few hours digging and gathering the bones of the dead, Lady Emyralda said a few words for the fallen and the mass grave was filled in. The party made camp in the clearing as it was getting late in the day. The night passed uneventfully.

The next day the goblin’s trail lead deeper into the forest.

Monday, July 24, 2017

GoM: What Lurks in the Woods - GM Turn Post 22

Roll initiative. Begin Combat Round 1.

Starting positions are displayed on the combat map.

Please submit your turn instructions using the Player Action Response - Turn Post Template. If you are planning to use a specific skill, please list the skill and the associated roll(s) along with your 5 d20 rolls.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Conditions:
N/A

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Map Key:
N/A

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Party Health:

Cando Numida (19/19), Wahesh Captain (20/20), Stabem (17/17), Lady Emyralda (16/16), Ro-Mahn (15/15), Barnacleez (19/19), Lou G'Boo (9/9)

GoM: What Lurks in the Woods – Turn Results 21

Wahesh believed that the field was an unknown battle site from the Goblinblood Wars. The remains left upon the field were years old and mostly appeared to be human. An occasional hobgoblin skeleton could be found among the moldering remains.

Ro-Mahn’s appraising eye did not see anything that looked terribly valuable. He prodded Izgarp, the goblin prisioner, “Do you know anything about this place?” The goblin croaked, “No. This was here as we passed through. This was the site of a great victory!”

Lady Emyralda took change and started to assign tasks. “We need to put these brave souls to rest.” The cleric set to work and the rest of the party began to lend a hand. At the other halfling’s direction, Stabem went to gather the bones of a fallen soldier when he stumbled into something dangerous.

A man-sized plant reared up and released a cloud of yellow pollen in the rogues direction. Luckily, the halfling managed to avoid the attack.

Friday, July 21, 2017

GoM: What Lurks in the Woods - GM Turn Post 21

Later the same day, the party comes across the remains of a long past battle. The goblins’ trail leads through the site.

A steep-sided ravine runs east to west here, opening at the far western end into a wide grassy depression. The scene would be idyllic if it weren’t for the scattered rusting weapons and pieces of armor, a few of which still contain moldering bones, strewn about the area. Pungent moss and a few patches of mushrooms dot the field; this place looks like it is the final resting place for many unfortunate souls.

What do you do now?

Please submit your turn instructions using the Player Action Response - Turn Post Template. If you are planning to use a specific skill, please list the skill and the associated roll(s) along with your 5 d20 rolls.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Conditions:
N/A

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Map Key:
N/A

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Party Health:

Cando Numida (19/19), Wahesh Captain (20/20), Stabem (17/17), Lady Emyralda (16/16), Ro-Mahn (15/15), Barnacleez (19/19), Lou G'Boo (9/9)

GoM: What Lurks in the Woods – Turn Results 20

Lou G’Boo climbed to the cavity and determined that there was not any immediate danger. Ro-Mahn scaled the cliff behind the monkey and discovered several objects of interest. He found two potions of inside a rusty metal canister with the symbol of the Isgeri army on it, a masterwork light steel shield, and 73 gp.

Ro-Mahn returned to the party and the rogue handed the potions to Barnacleez. The gnome started a dialog with the bottles and after several moments concluded, “These beauties are the Fresca twins.“ Holding a bottle in each hand, he continued, “This one is Pipa and this one is Rita. These ladies have a soothing yet arousing touch. When you drink them, they cast lesser restoration on you.”

Finding nothing further of interest, the party resumed following the goblins’ backtrail.

Thursday, July 20, 2017

The GM's Vacation Schedule

I will be on vacation, traveling with my wife starting the evening of 8/1/17 through sometime on 8/8/17. During this time, it is unlikely that I will be responding to turn posts for the game.

8/9/17 through 8/15/17, the game will proceed as normal.

Similarly, I will be on vacation for Gen Con from 8/16/17 through 8/21/17. The same story here. From my perspective, the game will be on hold until after I return.

GoM: What Lurks in the Woods - GM Turn Post 20

What do you do now?

Please submit your turn instructions using the Player Action Response - Turn Post Template. If you are planning to use a specific skill, please list the skill and the associated roll(s) along with your 5 d20 rolls.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Conditions:
N/A

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Map Key:
N/A

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Party Health:

Cando Numida (19/19), Wahesh Captain (20/20), Stabem (17/17), Lady Emyralda (16/16), Ro-Mahn (15/15), Barnacleez (19/19), Lou G'Boo (9/9)

GoM: What Lurks in the Woods – Turn Results 19

In the interest of keeping things moving …
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ro-Mahn, leading Izgarp, investigated the lower cavities of the scarp.

No traps were detected or found. The odor present at the site came from the combination of the goblins’ leftover stench and a pile of purplish goo in one of the lower cavities. This was clearly demon’s bile. A cold iron dagger lay very close to the puddle of demon’s bile, forming a conspicuous indentation where the goo had grown around, but not touched, the weapon.

In the same cavity, the goblins appeared to have spent some time decorating the walls with chalk drawings. These drawings contained crude renditions of a large, lopsided humanoid (Ro-Mahn figured it to be a bugbear), a goblin covered in terrible scars (likely Leeza), and a shrine with a three-eyed face and a pool.

Barnacleez and Lady Emyralda each cast Detect Magic spells and scanned the area. No auras were detected. While investigating the scene, Lady Emyralda noticed something shiny glinting in the sun from a cavity 20 feet higher up the cliff.

GoM: What Lurks in the Woods - GM Turn Post 19

After saying their farewells to the Escoro family, the party headed out to follow the goblin trail.

The first day was uneventful. Early on the second day, the goblin back trail leads to an escarpment pocked with cavities. The trail continues away from this location, heading generally northwest.

A small stream passes along the base of a thirty-foot-tall black stone scarp. Strange, horse-sized cavities pock the face of the cliff, their edges smooth and warped as though etched or melted into the stone rather than carved. The air is thick with the stench of decay and rot, beneath which there is a faint tinge of an acrid, chemical odor. Despite the smell, things here are eerily peaceful.

What do you do?

Please submit your turn instructions using the Player Action Response - Turn Post Template. If you are planning to use a specific skill, please list the skill and the associated roll(s) along with your 5 d20 rolls.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Conditions:
N/A

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Map Key:
N/A

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Party Health:

Cando Numida (19/19), Wahesh Captain (20/20), Stabem (17/17), Lady Emyralda (16/16), Ro-Mahn (15/15), Barnacleez (19/19), Lou G'Boo (9/9)

GoM: What Lurks in the Woods – Turn Results 18

Further questioning of Izgarp yields that the other goblin that Carlo saw was Leeza, the trap maker. The goblin elaborated, “She was telling us our job, again. When she was done, she headed back to Highfort. We were to keep an eye on the longshanks and their city. Preparing for the opportunity to attack. We got bored and had the idea for sheep disguises. That was fun until, well you know …”

The next morning, Carlo takes the party to the locations where he encountered the goblins. Ro-Mahn was able to locate goblin tracks leading from the northwest, deeper into the woods. The direction of the trail lines up with the information gathered from Izgarp previously.

Tuesday, July 18, 2017

GoM: What Lurks in the Woods - GM Turn Post 18

Once the party is settled, they have an opportunity to question the shepherds. Garreni Escoro and his wife Ophania have little information. They have seen shadows skulking around the edge of their property at night, but until today, they hadn’t seen any goblins in the flesh.

Carlo on the other hand has much more to say.

“Four days ago, I was chasing a lamb that strayed past the fence. Out of nowhere, I saw two ugly, green little things out in the clearing. They were talking some nasty, jabbering language I didn’t understand. One of them, the one wrinkled like a raisin, was all scarred up. The other had a big blade for chopping tied to the end of a pole. They were arguing back and forth, and then they walked off in different directions. Once I was sure they’d gone, I ran home and told my ma and pa.”

Pointing at the trussed up goblin prisoner, Carlo says, “That is one of them. The one with the blade tied to the pole.”

“When you are ready, I can take you to the places where I saw this and where I encountered the monsters today."

What do you do?

Are you accepting the shepherd's potions?

I am assuming the party spends the night with the Escoro family. Everyone is healed and abilities are refreshed.

Please submit your turn instructions using the Player Action Response - Turn Post Template. If you are planning to use a specific skill, please list the skill and the associated roll(s) along with your 5 d20 rolls.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Conditions:
N/A

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Map Key:
N/A
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Party Health:

Cando Numida (19/19), Wahesh Captain (20/20), Stabem (17/17), Lady Emyralda (16/16), Ro-Mahn (15/15), Barnacleez (19/19), Lou G'Boo (9/9)

GoM: What Lurks in the Woods – Turn Results 17

Stabem moved back toward the fight. The goblin dog snapped at Ro-Mahn but missed the rogue. Lady Emyralda followed the other Halfling back toward the action.

Ro-Mahn tumbled into a flanking position and dispatched the monster with a thrust of his rapier which dealt 5 damage.

Banacleez cast Speak with Animals and started a conversation with the panicked horse. The gnome managed to calm the beast and learned that its name was Burnella.

Wahesh cleaned off his sword and Cando retrieved his discarded dart.

With the combat ended, Lady Emyralda approached the house’s door and knocked. “Is everyone alright in there?”

A man opened the door and fell to his knees weeping. They appeared to be tears of joy. “Thank you for saving us! We are in your debt.”

The house was occupied by the shepherd Garreni Escoro, his wife Ophania and his son Carlo. This was the shepherd boy the party met at the beginning of the combat in the fields. 

Once things have settled, the patriarch offered a reward. “I know it is not much but it is what we have to express our gratitude,” the shepherd said as he produced three potion bottles. “We have collected these over the years in case our livestock or family were ever seriously wounded. They are yours if you want them.” Looking at the arrow protruding from Ro-Mahn, the man continued, “You friend look to be in need.”

The family further offered to put the group up for the night. They claimed plenty of room in the house and in the barn as need be.

Monday, July 17, 2017

GoM: What Lurks in the Woods - GM Turn Post 17

Begin Combat Round 3.

Starting positions are displayed on the combat map.

Current Initiative order:

Initiative 24: Stabem
Initiative 21: Goblin Dog
Initiative 16: Lady Emyralda
Initiative 15: Ro-Mahn
Initiative 11: Barnacleez
Initiative 10: Wahesh
Initiative 9: Cando

Please submit your turn instructions using the Player Action Response - Turn Post Template. If you are planning to use a specific skill, please list the skill and the associated roll(s) along with your 5 d20 rolls.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Conditions:
N/A

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Map Key:

Brown L-shape is a one-story house
Dotted blue line is a fence
Brown rectangle is a barn
White rectangles are doors/gates
Lt blue rectangles are windows.
There is a wagon in M22:N25. Hinders movement and provides cover.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Party Health:

Cando Numida (19/19), Wahesh Captain (20/20), Stabem (17/17), Lady Emyralda (16/16), Ro-Mahn (11/15), Barnacleez (19/19), Lou G'Boo (9/9)

GoM: What Lurks in the Woods – Turn Results 16

Stabem moved to the barn door and assisted Lady Emyralda by opening the door. The door opened quietly but the horse within bolted at the chance for escape. The animal ran past the cleric and headed to the south.

The goblin rider rounded the corner of the house. Upon seeing the party, the monster drew its shortbow and fired at Ro-Mahn. The arrow flew true and struck the rogue dealing 4 damage.

Lady Emyralda looked into the barn to discover not further threats inside. She then sighed, stared daggers at Stabem and looked after the horse which was now out of her reach.

Ro-Mahn ran forward and attacked the goblin dog with his rapier. The rogue’s thrust struck and dealt 4 damage to the monster. Barnacleez moved forward and used his wand of Magic Missiles again. The magic projectile hit the goblin rider for 5 damage. Wahesh moved forward brandishing his longsword. The fighter attacked the goblin dog and hit dealing 4 damage. Cando dropped his dart and drew his double axe as he charged the goblin rider. The mighty swing connected with the monster and dealt 9 damage and killing it.

Thursday, July 13, 2017

GoM: What Lurks in the Woods - GM Turn Post 16

To save time I did the surprise round and round 1 of the combat based upon the instructions supplied.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Begin Combat Round 2.

Starting positions are displayed on the combat map.

Current Initiative order:

Initiative 24: Stabem
Initiative 21: Mounted Goblin
Initiative 16: Lady Emyralda
Initiative 15: Ro-Mahn
Initiative 11: Barnacleez
Initiative 10: Wahesh
Initiative 9: Cando

Please submit your turn instructions using the Player Action Response - Turn Post Template. If you are planning to use a specific skill, please list the skill and the associated roll(s) along with your 5 d20 rolls.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Conditions:
N/A

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Map Key:

Brown L-shape is a one-story house
Dotted blue line is a fence
Brown rectangle is a barn
White rectangles are doors/gates
Lt blue rectangles are windows.
There is a wagon in M22:N25. Hinders movement and provides cover.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Party Health: 

Cando Numida (19/19), Wahesh Captain (20/20), Stabem (17/17), Lady Emyralda (16/16), Ro-Mahn (15/15), Barnacleez (19/19), Lou G'Boo (9/9)

GoM: What Lurks in the Woods – Turn Results 15

As the mounted goblin moved around the house, counter-clockwise to the west, the party advanced on the pair of fire-starting goblins. Barnacleez used is wand of Magic Missile and struck one for 5 damage. The monster howled in pain and looked for the source of its misery. The battle was joined.

Stabem moved forward as fast as his short legs would carry him. The mounted goblin rode around the house and continued to chant and sing. Lady Emyralda moved with purpose toward the barn doors. The halfling reached her objective. The sounds of the distressed animal still sounded from within the barn.

Ro-Mahn closed the distance with the monsters, getting in the face of the unwounded one. The two goblins both attacked the rogue with their dogslicers but neither managed to connect. Barnacleez moved closer and activated his wand again. Another Magic Missile launched forth and struck the wounded monster for 2 damage and dropped it. Wahesh charged forward and attacked the goblin engaged with Ro-Mahn. The fight stuck the monster with his longsword and delt 11 damage which killed it. Cando hustled forward and next to Stabem and drew a dart as he moved.

Thursday, July 6, 2017

GoM: What Lurks in the Woods - GM Turn Post 15

The noise comes from a farmstead located in the southwest corner of a large fenced-in pasture.

A goblin mounted on a small goblin dog rides counter-clockwise around the house. It jeers and sings its goblin song while shouts for help and terror come from within. Two goblins on foot are occupied attempting to light torches with flint and steel.

The distressed sounds of a large animal can be heard coming from the barn.

The monsters have not yet noticed the party’s approach.

What do you do?

Please submit your turn instructions using the Player Action Response - Turn Post Template. If you are planning to use a specific skill, please list the skill and the associated roll(s) along with your 5 d20 rolls.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Conditions:
N/A

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Map Key:

Brown L-shape is a one-story house
Dotted blue line is a fence
Brown rectangle is a barn
White rectangles are doors/gates
Lt blue rectangles are windows.
There is a wagon in M22:N25. Hinders movement and provides cover.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Party Health:

Cando Numida (19/19), Wahesh Captain (20/20), Stabem (17/17), Lady Emyralda (16/16), Ro-Mahn (15/15), Barnacleez (19/19), Lou G'Boo (9/9)

GoM: What Lurks in the Woods – Turn Results 14

The party gathered up the prisoner and hustled to the source of the noise. Lady Emyralda channeled positive energy along the way to fully heal Cando, Wahesh and Barnacleez.

Wednesday, July 5, 2017

GoM: What Lurks in the Woods - GM Turn Post 14

Screams in common and more goblin song can be heard coming from the northwest, the direction that the shepherd boy ran when the battle with the goblins began.

What do you do?

Please submit your turn instructions using the Player Action Response - Turn Post Template. If you are planning to use a specific skill, please list the skill and the associated roll(s) along with your 5 d20 rolls.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Conditions:
N/A

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Map Key:
N/A

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Party Health:

Cando Numida (15/19), Wahesh Captain (19/20), Stabem (17/17), Lady Emyralda (16/16), Ro-Mahn (15/15), Barnacleez (15/19), Lou G'Boo (9/9)

GoM: What Lurks in the Woods – Turn Results 13

The party was able to revive and question the goblin leader, Isgarp. After briefly straining at her bonds, the goblin answered the questions posed by Ro-Mahn and Barnacleez.

Q: How many goblins are there?
A: “Lots! More than fingers and toeses.”

Q: Who are you getting your orders from? Who is your leader?
A: “Scary big-chief. He kill old chief and make us roll in mud and come here. He big and strong and have lots of sharp teeths and sometimes he eats us when we do bad.”

Q: Where do you hang out and sharpen your knives? Where is your camp?
A: "Highfort is on a mountain, many days to the northwest. Follow the river."

Q: What defenses does the camp have?
A: “Highfort has big walls, up high, can’t climb! Leeza also make big mean traps. They hurt real bad when they go off. Almost always, whoever set off trap gets dead.”

Q: What was next on the agenda? 
A: "What that? Izgarp do not know." 

Q: Why are you covered in goo?
A: “Scary big-chief say goo is nice gift from Wormgnash that make us very strong. He make us swim in muddy goo stuff, soak it up. Now we be special goblins!”

Q: Who is Leeza? The tribe's trapmaker? Or someone new that came with Scary Big-Chief?
A: “Leeza is in charge of defense. She makes the traps. She worked for previous Chief.”

Q: Agenda equals plan! What was Big-Chief's plan?
A: “Big-Chief plans to attack longshank town. He hates longshanks.”

Q: Who is Wormgnash?
A: “Wormgnash is strange longshank from town. He hates longshanks too. He tell all about the place. He gave attack plan to Big-Chief and gifted goblins with pool of goo.”

If you have more questions or need further clarification, please post to this thread.

Wednesday, June 28, 2017

GoM: What Lurks in the Woods - GM Turn Post 13

What do you do now?

The goblin leader is gravely wounded and unconscious but still alive. Some of the others may still be clinging to life.

Please advise on how you plan to divide the loot.

Please submit your turn instructions using the Player Action Response - Turn Post Template. If you are planning to use a specific skill, please list the skill and the associated roll(s) along with your 5 d20 rolls.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Conditions:
N/A

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Map Key:
N/A

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Party Health:

Cando Numida (15/19), Wahesh Captain (19/20), Stabem (17/17), Lady Emyralda (16/16), Ro-Mahn (15/15), Barnacleez (15/19), Lou G'Boo (9/9)

GoM: What Lurks in the Woods – Turn Results 12

Lady Emyralda moved closer to the combat action. She moved as quickly as her short legs would allow. Barnacleez followed her but stopped short to use his wand once more. The Magic Missile struck the remaining goblin and dealt 5 damage. Wahesh ran toward the last monster and began to swim across the stream. Cando moved to the east and drew a dart as he did. The fighter threw his weapon and it was on the mark, striking the monster for 6 damage and killing it.

Ro-Mahn exited the steam and shouted "Surrender or die!” before realizing the fight was over. The rest of his demand was buried in a mumble. Stabem moved to Lady Emyralda and looked around for additional danger but nothing new emerged.

A search of the downed goblins yields the following:

5 potions of cure light wounds
9 alchemist’s fire
3 acid flasks
4 tanglefoot bags
3 thunderstones
1 smokestick
11 suits of small leather armor
1 suit of small scale mail
3 small MW heavy mace
11 small shortbows
200 arrows
8 small dogslicers
1 small horsechopper
5 small javelins
Coins, loose pearls and chipped gems worth 121 GP