Combat Map - Turn 27

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

In Service of Lore GM Turn Post 23

Begin Combat Round 2.
Starting positions for Turn 23 are displayed on the Combat Map.
Please submit your turn instructions using the Player Action Response - Turn Post Template.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Conditions
Obscuring Mist – obscures all sight, including darkvision, beyond 5 feet. A creature 5 feet away has concealment (attacks have a 20% miss chance). Creatures farther away have total concealment (50% miss chance, and the attacker cannot use sight to locate the target) - (1 minute)
Korg - Mage Armor - +4 AC - (1 hour)
Ronan – +1 enhancement bonus on scimitar – (1 minute)
Ronan - Unconscious
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Party Health:
Fergus 9/9, Jerry 14/14, Noc Stonepriest 8/12, Ronan Hex -4/9, Korg the Mighty 6/8
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Map Key:
Light blue squares are filled with Obscuring Mist. Mist is 20 feet tall.
Deandre Dulay (K2) – Cannot currently be seen. Last known location was J2.
Larkin Waever (H1) – Cannot currently be seen.
Ledford (I3) – Can be seen by Jerry.
Halli Fosta (H2) – Can be seen by Noc and Jerry.
Ronan (H3) – Can be seen by Noc and Jerry.

In Service to Lore Turn Results 22

A bolt of acid shot from the mist and hit Noc for 3 damage. Noc moved forward and swung his nunchaku at the woman that became visible within the mist. The monk missed his target as he pulled up short.
Korg made a plea, “Excuse us, good folk, but you seem to have created a bit of an obstacle here... could you kindly move this out of the way? We're on important business for the Pathfinder Society and would prefer to be on our way without further... discomfort.” Anticipating the answer, the sorcerer smartly stepped back and cast Mage Armor upon himself. Ronan moved forward to assist Noc. He charged his scimitar with power from his arcane pool as he moved forward. The magus risked an attack by the woman as he stepped past the monk into the mist. She slashed with her dagger but did not come close to Ronan. He responded with a slash from his scimitar but due to the distortions created by the fog, he missed his target.
Jerry moved into the fog past Ronan and toward the wall. The ninja attacked a different woman who appeared to be surprised to see him. The attack missed as the katana encountered metal armor under her woolen sweater. Fergus stood ready, waiting for an enemy to emerge from the mist.
The second woman backed up into the corner out of Jerry’s sight and cast a spell.
A halfling howled with rage in the mist and moved forward to attack Ronan. Heedless of Jerry, the barbarian suffered an attack from the ninja’s katana which dealt 3 damage. The halfling swung a mighty power attack at the magus. The greataxe hit and dealt 13 damage which knocked Ronan down and unconscious.

Monday, December 19, 2011

Almost done with this scenario

The year is winding down and so is this scenario. We are currenly in the last encounter.

I wanted to solicite feedback. How was this format for playing a PFS game?  Did it work? What did you like or dislike? How did this play compared to our other PBB game?

If you are all still game, I was planning on running another scenario once this one has concluded. I was considering continuing the intro series with First Steps—Part II: To Delve the Dungeon Deep but I could be convinced to run a different scenario if folks wanted. We could use the same or different characters.

We also have room for one more player if anyone knows someone that would like to play and who is reliable.

Night of the Pale Boon

PFS has been doing special holiday themed boons recently. As this is a blog game is a PFS game, the players qualify for these boons. This month's boon is Night of the Pale. You can check it out here - http://paizo.com/paizo/blog/v5748dyo5lcy8?Night-of-the-Pale

I will be e-mailing it to those of you who do not play in our regular Tuesday night game. (Bruce and Dave, I will hand you yours tomorrow.) This boon can be applied to one of your PFS characters. It does not have to be the character you are currently playing in this game.

Thursday, December 15, 2011

In Service of Lore GM Turn Post 22

Roll initiative.
Starting positions for Turn 22 are displayed on the Combat Map.
Please submit your turn instructions using the Player Action Response - Turn Post Template.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Conditions
Obscuring Mist – obscures all sight, including darkvision, beyond 5 feet. A creature 5 feet away has concealment (attacks have a 20% miss chance). Creatures farther away have total concealment (50% miss chance, and the attacker cannot use sight to locate the target) - (1 minute)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Party Health:
Fergus 9/9, Jerry 14/14, Noc Stonepriest 11/12, Ronan Hex 9/9, Korg the Mighty 6/8
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Map Key:
Light blue squares are filled with Obscuring Mist.
Deandre Dulay (J2) - Human woman, young and lithe, with red hair hanging in ringlets that just brush her shoulders. She wears a long skirt, embroidered with silver and black thread and a high-necked woolen blouse.
Larkin Waever (K2) – Human man with a face you could easily forget or miss in a crowd. He has short-cropped light brown hair, light complexion, and forgettable brown eyes. He wears rumpled worker’s clothing with a heavy coat.
Ledford (K3) – Halfling man with a comical handlebar moustache. He has an easy face to remember, but when madness fills his eyes, he’s a sight one soon wants to put as far from memory as possible.
Halli Fosta (L3) – Human woman with full golden blonde hair that frames her healthy, smiling face, punctuated with steely blue eyes and thick red lips. She wears a well-made, green silk dress in the most current fashion with a shimmering black scarf draped across her shoulders, and fidgets as she moves.

In Service to Lore Turn Results 21

The party returned to the Pickled Imp and handed over the books and papers to Guaril Karela. He thanked the group and provided a reward of gold for your troubles.
Having completed the last task, the party heads back to the Foreign Quarter on the way back to the Grand Lodge.
A throng of people blocks the street ahead. A performance art group commandeers the street, drawing graffiti to create a jolly hellscape complete with illusory devils comically dancing around in circles. A few citizens avoiding the crowd slip off-street through a nearby alley, the only egress past the gathering.
The party followed the flow of pedestrians to avoid the congestion ahead. A shrill whistle sounds ahead and suddenly the alley fills with a fog. The common citizens in the vicinity beat a hasty retreat.

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

In Service of Lore GM Turn Post 21

What do you do next?
Please submit your turn instructions using the Player Action Response - Turn Post Template.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Conditions
None
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Party Health:
Fergus 9/9, Jerry 14/14, Noc Stonepriest 11/12, Ronan Hex 9/9, Korg the Mighty 6/8

In Service to Lore Turn Results 20

Fergus channeled positive energy and healed Noc and Korg 4 hit points.
Ronan secured the nearby boat and piloted it under the warehouse, positioning it under the hole to act  as a safety net. Fergus cast Guidance on Noc and Jerry. The monk and ninja rigged the crane with ropes and nets. Korg stood by with a Detect Magic running and supervised his plan.
Working together the party was able to retrieve the precariously balanced chest.
The chest holds a smaller mahogany box inside, which contains five books and a few loose sheets of paper in a leather folder. The titles and subjects seem completely unrelated to each other: Practical Thaumaturgy In Accordance with Creation, Geographic Anomalies of the Inner Sea, Under Kaer Maga: A Trial and Travel, Physiology of Dragons: An Illustrated Reference, Lost Sarusan. The leather folder contains cargo manifestos, warehouse inventories, and other financial logs from a dozen different merchant houses and trade guilds.
The chest also contains 10 sets of masterwork thieves’ tools, three flasks of alchemist’s fire, a flask of acid, a dozen jars of various inks, a footprint book, adamantine weapon blanch, three bags of powder, a deck of marked cards, and two sets of average loaded dice.

Monday, December 12, 2011

In Service of Lore GM Turn Post 20

What do you do next?
Starting positions for Turn 20 are displayed on the Combat Map.
Please submit your turn instructions using the Player Action Response - Turn Post Template.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Conditions
None
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Party Health:
Fergus 9/9, Jerry 14/14, Noc Stonepriest 7/12, Ronan Hex 9/9, Korg the Mighty 2/8

In Service to Lore Turn Results 19

The dire rat to Noc’s right attempted to bite the monk but missed.
Fergus moved forward and attacked the rat next to Korg with his rapier. The thrust skewered the rodent dealing 7 damage and killed it. Korg Stepped back and cast Acid Splash at the rat next to Noc. The spell hit dealing 4 damage to the rat. Noc stepped back to fill the space vacated by Korg. The monk slammed the rat with his fist dealing 5 damage and killed it.
Jerry moved forward and attacked the remaining rat with his katana. The swing missed. The rat tried to bite the ninja in return but it also missed. Ronan tapped his arcane pool and enchanted his weapon. The magus moved forward and took a two-handed swing at the dire rat with his scimitar. The weapon found its mark and dealt a killing blow doing 12 damage.

Thursday, December 8, 2011

In Service of Lore GM Turn Post 19

Roll initiative.
Start combat round 1. Starting positions for Turn 19 are displayed on the Combat Map.
Please submit your turn instructions using the Player Action Response - Turn Post Template.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Conditions
Noc – Guidance - +1 on attack roll, save or skill check (1 minute)
Ronan – Guidance - +1 on attack roll, save or skill check (1 minute)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Party Health:
Fergus 9/9, Jerry 14/14, Noc Stonepriest 7/12, Ronan Hex 9/9, Korg the Mighty 2/8

In Service to Lore Turn Results 18

Fergus moved forward and cast Guidance on Ronan.
Jerry moved carefully examining the contents of the warehouse looking for occupants and traps.
Noc moved forward toward the hole in the floor. Ronan and Korg followed the monk.
As the monk, magus and sorcerer moved closer to the hole, they stirred up some dire rats. Two of the large rodents attacked Noc but both missed. Korg was also a victim of an attack. The rat climbed to the top of a stack of crates and reached out and bit the sorcerer in the neck. The attack scored a critical hit dealing 6 damage.

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Jestercap and Seven Veils Boons

PFS has been doing special holiday themed boons recently. As this is a blog game is a PFS game, the players qualify for the boons. That means I will be sending them to those of you who do not play in our regular Tuesday night game. (Bruce and Dave already have theirs.)

These boons can be applied to one of your PFS characters. It does not have to be the character you are currently playing in this game.

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

In Service of Lore GM Turn Post 18

What do you next?
Starting positions for Turn 18 are displayed on the Combat Map.
Please submit your turn instructions using the Player Action Response - Turn Post Template.
(I have Jerry’s planned route from Bruce. I will continue to use that until told otherwise. Bruce took a copy of the Combat map image and drew a path on it in paint. He then e-mailed it to me. I found it to be a clever and effective way to tell me where he was planning to go. Feel free to do the same.)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Conditions
None
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Party Health:
Fergus 9/9, Jerry 14/14, Noc Stonepriest 7/12, Ronan Hex 9/9, Korg the Mighty 8/8

In Service to Lore Turn Results 17

Fergus moved forward and Cast Guidance on Noc.
Noc moved slowly toward the center of the warehouse. Ronan and Korg followed the monk.
Jerry moved deeper into the warehouse looking for occupants and traps. Nothing was discovered so far.

Friday, November 18, 2011

In Service of Lore GM Turn Post 17

What do you next?
Starting positions for Turn 17 are displayed on the Combat Map.
Please submit your turn instructions using the Player Action Response - Turn Post Template.
(I have Jerry’s planned route from Bruce. I will continue to use that until told otherwise. Bruce took a copy of the Combat map image and drew a path on it in paint. He then e-mailed it to me. I found it to be a clever and effective way to tell me where he was planning to go. Feel free to do the same.)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Conditions
None
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Party Health:
Fergus 9/9, Jerry 14/14, Noc Stonepriest 7/12, Ronan Hex 9/9, Korg the Mighty 8/8

In Service to Lore Turn Results 16

Noc and Jerry moved deeper into the warehouse looking for occupants and traps. Nothing was discovered so far.
Fergus, Ronan and Korg stood back and observed. All cast Detect Magic and kept an eye for anything unusual. No magic was detected.

Thursday, November 17, 2011

In Service of Lore GM Turn Post 16

Darkness fills the warehouse, the ambient light from outside blocked by a filthy, oily film on the structure’s few windows. Darting illumination comes from light reflecting off the water through a splintered hole in the floor. Throughout the warehouse, crates, boxes, and barrels lean against each other in vaguely sorted stacks. A lingering smell indicates some of the contents are certainly spoiled.
Perched in the middle of the hole, teetering on split planks, sits a large crate stamped with three crows arranged in a triangle. Handholds cut into the stout wooden crate ring the rim. Other barrels, boxes, and crates sit stacked along the walls of the warehouse. Just inside the door sits a handful of crates and kegs of beer. Most of these smaller crates and barrels contain foodstuffs in various states of freshness. Some crates reek of rot. Stacks of simple coffins sit against the east wall. The rest of the crates stacked along the north and south walls contain simple sundries including, but not limited to beer, blocks of clay, coffee, coils of rope, dried fish, lead ingots, nails, nets, raw cotton, rough wool, spare sails, timber planks, various pulleys and tools, and cheap weapons.
A crane, used for loading and unloading boats, clings to a rail running the length of the warehouse, hanging 5 feet below the high ceiling, and can slide out to extend past the loading doors along the west wall.
What do you do?
Starting positions for Turn 16 are displayed on the Combat Map.
Please submit your turn instructions using the Player Action Response - Turn Post Template.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Conditions
None
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Party Health:
Fergus 9/9, Jerry 14/14, Noc Stonepriest 7/12, Ronan Hex 9/9, Korg the Mighty 8/8

In Service to Lore Turn Results 15

Korg made a show of being menacing and important. His combination of bluff and intimidate caused the fishermen and children to wish to be elsewhere. The sorcerer cast Detect Magic but did not detect anything. As they were packing up, Ronan made friendly inquiries of the fishermen on their luck. He received cautions but friendly responses. The fishing was not so good as they were not willing to move on and try another spot. Noc eyed the pedestrians suspiciously and inspected the boat but did not find anything that raised alarm.
Jerry inspected the door and did not find any traps but discovered that the door was locked. Fergus made the same conclusions as Korg regarding magic. He assisted Jerry in searching the area and located a hidden key sandwiched between two rickety slats on the building near the doorframe. The key fit and opened the door’s lock.
The party entered the warehouse.

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

In Service of Lore GM Turn Post 15

Perched on the end of a long pier fifteen feet above the water, the warehouse appears to struggle against its own roof, threatening to sag into the bay below. No light shines from the building’s windows and only the movement of gulls and pelicans stirs the scene.
The pier this pelican warehouse sits on stretches 100 feet from the boardwalk and the docks proper, and stands 15 feet above the water. The planks on the pier are sturdy but weathered. A few local fishermen and some kids sit scattered along the pier casting nets or bobbing lines into the waters below.
The building looks abandoned and in disrepair. The windows are dark and dirty and provide no view into the structure’s interior. A small boat bobs in the water below, tethered to the pier by a stout, salt-crusted rope.
What do you do?
Please submit your turn instructions using the Player Action Response - Turn Post Template.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Conditions
None
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Party Health:
Fergus 9/9, Jerry 14/14, Noc Stonepriest 7/12, Ronan Hex 9/9, Korg the Mighty 8/8

In Service to Lore Turn Results 14

With directions from Guaril Karela, the party made their way from the Pickled Imp to Master Gelbane’s warehouse.

Monday, November 14, 2011

In Service of Lore GM Turn Post 14

Upon retrieving the case, the party exited the bedroom to meet with the paracountess once more.  Jerry attempts to return the letter opener but she smiles and declines. “No, you may keep that as a token of my esteem. You must come again so that I can properly entertain you.” She seductively licked her lips at the last.
Noc presented the limp but healing imp to Zarta. “This I will keep. You have been very naughty Kreuvus. Your punishment will be exquisite.”
To the party as a whole, “I believe you have what you came for. It has been a pleasure. Please come again so that we can experience further pleasures.”
The party took their leave of Paracountess Zarta and headed to complete their last task by visiting the curio shop, the Pickled Imp. Along the way, several party members noticed a human man watching them. When attempting to investigate and determine his intent, the man was lost in the crowd.
After a fair walk, the party found themselves at the Pickled Imp.
This creepy shop contains myriad odds and ends, most bereft of any discernible use. A number of malformed creatures and creature parts bob in jars on a long, prominent shelf, a tiny fetal devil centered in this macabre lineup. The shopkeeper, a greasy-haired Varisian with a thin mustache, shouts from behind the cluttered counter:
“Ah yes, I see the Pathfinders have arrived. I’m glad Ambrus was able to lend a few of his new recruits to help me. Please come in and let me tell you what I need.”
Looking around as if to be absolutely certain no customers are browsing the aisles of knock-off Thuvian burial urns or supposed Azlanti porcelain, he begins again.
“Well met. I am Guaril Karela. A friend of mine has a warehouse near here and he received a parcel on behalf of me and some of my associates, but there’s a problem. See, Master Gelbane had to leave town in a hurry and our shipment is still waiting at his warehouse. Rumor is he ended up in trouble with the law and the place was seized. I heard tell from someone down at the docks that some creep was snooping around his warehouse just the other night, so I want to make sure nothing of mine was taken. He keeps all kinds of things, from beer to nails, in that old pelican, but every now and then he stores something really special. This is one of those cases.”
“There’s a big crate marked with three crows arranged in a triangle. Inside that crate is a smaller container with a few books and papers in it. That’s the only parcel I’m interested in, and as far as I’m concerned, you can help yourself to the rest of the crate. Honestly, anything else you want in the place too. I’m sure the once things get sorted out, the city will seize most everything else anyway.”
“My associates and I often work with the Pathfinders when it comes to special relics and documents, getting them in and out of ports and across borders where the authorities ask too many questions. Most people don’t realize what they have and frankly many don’t deserve to have it, so sometimes we help take the goods off their hands. If things work out well and you get this done, I’d be glad to talk with you more and help you out with any future endeavors, as long as you help me out too. I’m good at returning favors, trust me.”
What do you do?
Please submit your turn instructions using the Player Action Response - Turn Post Template.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Conditions
None
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Party Health:
Fergus 9/9, Jerry 14/14, Noc Stonepriest 7/12, Ronan Hex 9/9, Korg the Mighty 8/8

In Service to Lore Turn Results 13

Jerry moved forward and attacked the struggling, sheet-covered imp with the silver dagger. The blade struck true dealing 5 damage. In response, the imp shrieked and attacked Noc with its sting. The monk took 4 damage but avoided the effects of the poison. The imp turned visible in its rage allowing the party to see its wounds knitting.
Korg remained watchful at the doors guarding them to prevent the devil from exiting. Ronan enchanted his blade using his arcane pool and attacked the imp with his heavy mace. The blow landed dealing 7 damage. Noc managed to maintain his grip on the imp pinning the devil within his grasp. Fergus stabbed the monster with his rapier dealing 3 damage. The imp went limp in the monk’s grasp and dropped the case it was holding in its claws.

Monday, November 7, 2011

In Service of Lore GM Turn Post 13

Begin combat round 5. Starting positions for Turn 13 are displayed on the Combat Map.
The initiative order is:
Initiative 15: Jerry
Initiative 15: Imp
Initiative 15: Korg
Initiative 12: Ronan
Initiative 11: Noc
Initiative 3: Fergus
Please submit your turn instructions using the Player Action Response - Turn Post Template.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Conditions
Fergus – Divine Favor - +1 on attack and weapon damage rolls (1 minute)
Imp – Invisible – Total Concealment, +2 bonus on attack rolls against sighted opponents, and ignores its opponents’ Dexterity bonuses to AC
Imp – Shaken – –2 penalty on attack rolls, saving throws, skill checks, and ability checks (1 round)
Imp – Grappled - cannot move and take a –4 penalty to Dexterity. Takes a –2 penalty on all attack rolls and combat maneuver checks, except those made to grapple or escape a grapple.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Party Health:
Fergus 9/9, Jerry 14/14, Noc Stonepriest 11/12, Ronan Hex 9/9, Korg the Mighty 8/8

In Service to Lore Turn Results 12

Korg continued to guard the door with his long spear at the ready. Jerry threw a bed sheet over where he believed the Imp to be. Upon seeing its flying form he used the silver dagger to make an attack. The slash missed. The Imp made a startled yip and flew through the party to the opposite end of the room. Noc made an attack of opportunity with his fist. The blow landed and dealt 2 damage to the devil. Fergus made an attack of opportunity with his rapier but his attack missed. Ronan made an attack of opportunity with his heavy mace. The blow also missed. Korg made an attack of opportunity with his long spear as the Imp moved past. The sorcerer missed. Korg made another attack with his long spear but this too missed. The imp landed on the floor still tangled in the bed sheet.
Ronan moved to where the imp landed and attacked again with his heavy mace. The blow landed dealing 3 damage. Noc climbed over the bed and attacked the same space where Ronan was focused. The monk tried to grab and succeeded. Fergus moved forward and stabbed at the monster with his rapier but the cleric missed the mark.

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

In Service of Lore GM Turn Post 12

Begin combat round 4. Starting positions for Turn 12 are displayed on the Combat Map.
The initiative order is:
Initiative 16: Korg [Ready-Guard exit]Initiative 15: Jerry
Initiative 15: Imp
Initiative 12: Ronan
Initiative 11: Noc
Initiative 3: Fergus
Please submit your turn instructions using the Player Action Response - Turn Post Template.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Conditions
Fergus – Divine Favor - +1 on attack and weapon damage rolls (1 minute)
Imp – Invisible – Total Concealment, +2 bonus on attack rolls against sighted opponents, and ignores its opponents’ Dexterity bonuses to AC
Imp – Shaken – –2 penalty on attack rolls, saving throws, skill checks, and ability checks (2 rounds)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Party Health:
Fergus 9/9, Jerry 14/14, Noc Stonepriest 11/12, Ronan Hex 9/9, Korg the Mighty 8/8

In Service to Lore Turn Results 11

Korg shouted out to the invisible foe, "Enough of this game, Imp! Give us what we seek or we shall become very angry with you! Do not test our patience!" The sorcerer remained ready in case the devil tried to flee the room. The imp replied with a shriek of rage.
Jerry stepped forward and slashed at where he believed the Imp to be using the silver dagger. The slash missed. The Imp continued to shriek, smashing of the box against the rear wall again.
Ronan concentrated on the Detect Magic and detected auras of Abjuration, Evocation and Illusion. Noc climbed onto the bed and attacked the same space where Jerry was focused. The monk tried to grab the imp but did not make contact with anything solid. Fergus also concentrated on his spell receiving the same input as Ronan.

Friday, October 21, 2011

In Service of Lore GM Turn Post 11

Begin combat round 3. Starting positions for Turn 11 are displayed on the Combat Map.
The initiative order is:
Initiative 16: Korg
Initiative 15: Jerry
Initiative 15: Imp
Initiative 12: Ronan
Initiative 11: Noc
Initiative 3: Fergus
Please submit your turn instructions using the Player Action Response - Turn Post Template.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Conditions
Fergus – Divine Favor - +1 on attack and weapon damage rolls (1 minute)
Imp – Invisible – Total Concealment, +2 bonus on attack rolls against sighted opponents, and ignores its opponents’ Dexterity bonuses to AC
Imp – Shaken – –2 penalty on attack rolls, saving throws, skill checks, and ability checks (3 rounds)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Party Health:
Fergus 9/9, Jerry 14/14, Noc Stonepriest 11/12, Ronan Hex 9/9, Korg the Mighty 8/8

In Service to Lore Turn Results 10

Korg shouted out to the invisible foe, “Kreuvus! We just need the box... bring it to me and I will use my magics to open it for you... If you do not, I will use those magics to destroy you. One way or another, we are leaving with that box." The imp replied with”No!” but its voice had a quiver and less defiance than previously.
Jerry stepped forward and slashed at where he believed the Imp to be using the silver dagger. The slash missed and cut open a pillow instead. The Imp shrieked and moved further from the ninja. The devil’s rage was punctuated by the smash of the box against the rear wall.
Ronan cast Detect Magic and began to try to focus on the location of the Imp. Noc shouted out at the devil, "Imp! Give up the box, or be crushed! You can only hide for so long in your little cage!" Fergus stepped further into the room and also cast Detect Magic.

Monday, October 17, 2011

In Service of Lore GM Turn Post 10

Begin combat round 2. Starting positions for Turn 10 are displayed on the Combat Map.
The initiative order is:
Initiative 16: Korg
Initiative 15: Jerry
Initiative 15: Imp
Initiative 12: Ronan
Initiative 11: Noc
Initiative 3: Fergus
Please submit your turn instructions using the Player Action Response - Turn Post Template.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Conditions
Fergus – Divine Favor - +1 on attack and weapon damage rolls (1 minute)
Imp – Invisible – Total Concealment, +2 bonus on attack rolls against sighted opponents, and ignores its opponents’ Dexterity bonuses to AC
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Party Health:
Fergus 9/9, Jerry 14/14, Noc Stonepriest 11/12, Ronan Hex 9/9, Korg the Mighty 8/8

In Service to Lore Turn Results 9

Korg rushed into the room and cast Acid Splash on the Imp. The spell caught the devil unprepared and stuck it full in the face.  The critical hit would have dealt 5 damage but the Imp appeared to be defended against acid. Jerry ran up to the monster and attacked with the silver letter opener. His blow struck true dealing 6 damage to the Imp.
The devil’s wounds began to close before the ninja’s eyes as the imp retreated with the box accompanied by a screech of anger. The Imp moved over the bed and turned invisible.
Ronan  moved into the center of the room and tried to get an idea where the Imp had moved. Noc moved forward and extended his senses as well. The monk  prepared to make attacks of opportunity if the situation arose. Shouting as he looked around the room, Noc said “"Time to give up the box Imp. Your Master says it no longer belongs in your possession."
The enraged voice of the Imp called back from the top of the room, “Kreuvus does not want the box, only what it contains. It is not for mortals!”
Fergus entered the room and closed the doors behind the party. “I’ll close the door behind us lads. We don’t want the little bastid runnin’ oot."

Getting back on track

Sorry that I have been a slacker. New post will be coming shortly. (Sometimes having fun is very hard to accomplish.)

Friday, September 23, 2011

In Service to Lore GM Turn Post 9

Roll initiative. Begin combat round 1.
Starting positions for Turn 9 are displayed on the Combat Map.
What do you do?
Please submit your turn instructions using the Player Action Response - Turn Post Template.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Conditions
Fergus – Divine Favor - +1 on attack and weapon damage rolls (1 minute)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Party Health:
Fergus 9/9, Jerry 14/14, Noc Stonepriest 11/12, Ronan Hex 9/9, Korg the Mighty 8/8

In Service to Lore Turn Results 8

In preparation of entering the next room, Fergus casts Divine Favor on himself.
With a sign from Jerry, Noc opened the doors to the room beyond.
Zarta’s bedroom is decorated in the colors of Cheliax— ebon black and crimson red. Silk, rare woods, and carefully carved marble compose every bit of furniture in the room. Goose down now litters the room, covering almost every surface and the silken shreds of the cushions that contained it lie about like flayed skin. A post on the massive screened bed is snapped in half, collapsed on the bed and drawing the screened curtains into a ripped slope of formerly fine cloth. Vials of perfume and crystal jars of other cosmetics sit smashed on the marble floor around the dresser. A prominent fixture in the room, a large “X” made of stout wood sits along the west wall, complete with leather shackles and chains. A table sits to its left strewn with various items intended for pleasure, but outwardly resembling implements of pain.
Inside the room, an enraged imp is totally out of control. The creature desperately wants inside the box, presumably the one the party was sent to retrieve, and throws it around the room hoping to smash the thing open. Though dented, the case doesn’t look like it will be opening anytime soon.

Monday, September 19, 2011

In Service to Lore GM Turn Post 8

Arriving at Paracountess Zarta Dralneen’s townhouse in the Ivy District, the party comes upon a magnificent gothic structure three stories in height. The ebon lacquered double doors wrought with gleaming silver fixtures greet the characters, a prickly brass cone hanging from a chain serving as the door chime. Moments after ringing it, a servant in loose casual attire opens the door, greeting the party as if you were expected.
The servant leads the group through well-appointed sitting rooms, ballrooms, and a grand stairway granting a view of an elaborate study, before the party finally arrives on the third floor of the house, at the door of Zarta’s personal study. Knocking upon the door and announcing his presence, the servant opens the darkly stained wooden door. He indicates that they should enter.
A large intricate carpet dominates the marble floor in this sitting room. A chaise sits along the north wall and a desk spans the southeast corner, its chair positioned with its back to the southwest corner of the room. Three comfortable chairs are positioned around a small, low circular table.
Sitting in the chair behind the desk, Paracountess Zarta Dralneen regards the party with a wry smile, putting away a few papers before standing to address the group.
“Aldor, you are dismissed. Close the door behind you and attend to your other tasks.” She then turns her attention to the group. “It’s always so incredibly adorable when I see a fresh-faced batch of Pathfinders. I mean, look at you scrumptious little teacakes. I could eat each and every one of you up. Well, maybe not you.” Zarta points. “I assume this isn’t a pleasure visit since most of you are terribly overdressed for that manner of occasion, so that must mean you are here for that trinket Valsin has been nagging me about. Seems I can’t get that man around these parts anymore,” she gestures, sliding her hand down her body and widening the gesture to sweep out and across the room as if her home were a secondary thought. “On the good side, he always sends me all the precious new recruits.
“Many think we in Cheliax serve and worship devils, but that couldn’t be further from the truth. In fact, we use the creatures for their power. They serve us and we sculpt their power in our own interests. The world must come to terms with the order of things. People need to know their place and operate accordingly. It is the only way to make order from this world. Too many people stretch too far beyond their station, making waves and eroding the true order.”
The “trinket” Ambrus Valsin has sent the group to retrieve is a seven-lock iron case. Zarta tells the party about the box and its locks and seals, explaining she was trying to bypass the protections. She advises that they not try to tamper with the case when bringing it back to the Grand Lodge, but never admits to what the case might contain. She tells them the box is magically warded with abjuration magic intermingled with strong evocation magic, in addition to the seven masterwork locks.
As the paracountess talks, a cacophony of booms and crashes sounds from beyond the room’s west door. She sometimes pauses at an extended eruption of these noises before continuing with the conversation. When asked about the neighboring ruckus, Zarta explains, “A servant is greatly misbehaving. You’re going to have to deal with it in order to get the trinket.” She goes over to the desk in her study, opening a drawer and drawing out an exquisite silver letter opener shaped like a dagger. “You might need this to get it to submit,” she offers with a sly grin.
What do you do?
Please submit your turn instructions using the Player Action Response - Turn Post Template.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Conditions
None
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Party Health:
Fergus 9/9, Jerry 14/14, Noc Stonepriest 11/12, Ronan Hex 9/9, Korg the Mighty 8/8

In Service to Lore Turn Results 7

With map in hand, Jerry opened the door to the room allowing the party to exit. The servant that lead the party to the vault was waiting outside. He allowed you to to keep the map and the wand but collects any keys that had been gathered by the party.
The servant advised, “Amenopheus has left for the day. If you wish to speak to him again, perhaps you should try back tomorrow.”
Having completed the task, the party moved on to the next one.

Thursday, September 8, 2011

In Service to Lore GM Turn Post 7

You find yourself in a plain stone room that contains three chests: a copper-banded chest of smooth, dark wood; a red lacquered chest; and what looks to be a cube of solid steel. Behind the chests sits a low table holding a clear glass jar half full of liquid and a covered wicker basket.
Written on the back of the locked door is a message: “Within these cases lies your quest and your way out.”
What do you do?
Please submit your turn instructions using the Player Action Response - Turn Post Template.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Conditions
None
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Party Health:
Fergus 9/9, Jerry 14/14, Noc Stonepriest 12/12, Ronan Hex 9/9, Korg the Mighty 8/8

In Service to Lore Turn Results 6

Since intimidation tactics did not bear fruit and staking out the house would take up too much time, the group decided that they had discovered all they are likely to find. Believing the children to be in reasonable care, the group returned to the Temple of the Shining Star, and informed Ollysta Zadrian of the successful delivery. They also informed her of Auntie Baltwin’s drinking and the stashed curatives found within the house.
Zadrian thanks the characters for their service and states that she will look further into the matter.
The characters next make their way to the rich estate of Grand Councilmember Dremdhet Salhar. They are greeted by a guard who is expecting them as they reach the tall, wrought-iron gate of the estate. He lets them inside and points them toward the door of the manor where a servant greets them and informed them that Salhar was not present, called away on important Council business, but his most trusted advisor was available to negotiate any business they required. The servant explained this while leading the group through the manor, down well decorated hallways and past expansive rooms.
After a few minutes, the group arrived at a simple study near the end of a long hallway. Inside Amenopheus, the Sapphire Sage, a tan-skinned old man sat behind a desk flipping through pages in a large tome. Scraps of paper jutted from the book marking over two dozen different places. As the characters approached the open door, the wise sage silently gestured them to enter the study with one thin hand, while closing the tome with the other after finishing what he was reading. Once all are were inside the study, he addressed the group.
“Good day to you, Pathfinders. I am Amenopheus, the Sapphire Sage, advisor to Master Salhar. I understand you were sent here to discuss archaeological permissions. Knowing this was coming, I spoke with Master Salhar at length on the subject and have this to say.”
“Since Osirion was reopened to exploration a decade ago, adventurers, historians, and treasure-seekers flock to my country by the hundreds, perhaps thousands. While most families with ancestral burial vaults maintain guards and keep their sites out of the hands of casual thieves, not all families have the wealth or power to restrict everyone, and as we all know, not every defense is perfectly secure. Unscrupulous tomb robbers and maligned merchant organizations cause Osirion to bleed relics into the Inner Sea—something the descendents of Ancient Osirion cannot afford. We Osiriani have thousands of years of rich history coursing through our veins, and while that power has been out of focus in recent years, we are content to wait, knowing our enemies will wear themselves down. As they fall into arrogance, folly, or greed, we wait for our return to power, knowing we bear the riches of our ancestors at our feet.”
“Master Salhar remains impressed by the Pathfinder Society, orating in their favor a handful of times in front of Absalom’s Grand Council, in fact. Due to previous relationships between him and the Society, Master Salhar has agreed to grant permission to the Pathfinder Society to explore his family’s vaults below Sothis. The only thing he requires is that you retrieve the map of the vaults from his own vault here. The servant will lead you to the basement and show you the room.”
The Sapphire Sage’s eyes twinkled as he smirked knowingly, then he turned back to reading his book as though he had never been disturbed.
After leaving Amenopheus’ study, the servant escorted the characters back through the spacious estate, leading them down sturdy stone steps into the cool basement. Down a hallway, after a couple turns, the party ended up at a plain wooden door. The servant opened the door, gesturing to the room with a bow, and waited silently for the characters to enter. Once all were inside, he locked the door behind them.

Thursday, September 1, 2011

In Service to Lore GM Turn Post 6

What do you do now?
Please submit your turn instructions using the Player Action Response - Turn Post Template.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Conditions
None
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Party Health:
Fergus 9/9, Jerry 14/14, Noc Stonepriest 12/12, Ronan Hex 9/9, Korg the Mighty 8/8

In Service to Lore Turn Results 5

Auntie Baltwin gets furious with Ronan and stands shouting in his face. “You have no right to judge me! You are nothing but a bully!” Turning her back on the Magus she appeals to Fergus, “What am I to do? So I drink to get through the day. Is that so bad? It helps me manage.” She looks to Jerry and to Korg, seeking their understanding. She pointedly ignores the presence of Noc.
To all parties concerned, Auntie Baltwin seems sincere.

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

In Service to Lore GM Turn Post 5

What do you do now?
Please submit your turn instructions using the Player Action Response - Turn Post Template.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Conditions
None
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Party Health:
Fergus 9/9, Jerry 14/14, Noc Stonepriest 12/12, Ronan Hex 9/9, Korg the Mighty 8/8

In Service to Lore Turn Results 4

While Fergus and Ronan kept Auntie Baltwin busy with touring the house and questions about the health and care of the children, Jerry slipped away to search the rest of the house. He found another half empty bottle of liquor in the kitchen and curatives from other charities stashed throughout the house. Jerry was able to slip away and rejoin the party without Baltwin noticing his absence.
The sick children appeared to be on the mend and definitely showed signs of being under a healer’s care. The benefits of strong medicines and magic are not universally apparent.  
The tour concluded with a return to the sitting room and more “tea”.

Thursday, August 25, 2011

In Service to Lore GM Turn Post 4

The conversation with Auntie Baltwin continues.
“Would you care for some tea?” Auntie Baltwin motions toward a sitting room. As she enters, a haggard cat looks up from one of the chairs.
Please submit your turn instructions using the Player Action Response - Turn Post Template.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Conditions
None
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Party Health:
Fergus 9/9, Jerry 14/14, Noc Stonepriest 12/12, Ronan Hex 9/9, Korg the Mighty 8/8

In Service to Lore Turn Results 3

Auntie Baltwin cautiously takes the package from Jerry. “Thank you! This is a welcome arrival. You are most kind, Mr. …?” She pauses, waiting for a name. “How did you know Ollysta Zadrian?”
Fergus can tell from the physical signs that the woman suffers from alcohol abuse.
She continues, speaking to Fergus, “I have always seen to the care of others. For you see, I am the oldest of nine children and have several of my own. Once they left the nest, I continued my care of others. Now I do it for sick children and orphans. The help we receive from the churches and charities is in valuable.”
 When Korg mentions that he was an orphan, she looks at him appraisingly. “It is an all too common affliction. We get children from all walks of life here.”

Sunday, August 21, 2011

In Service to Lore GM Turn Post 3

Nearly swarming with cats and children, this fine upper-class home appears to be clean and in good condition considering the number and ages of its inhabitants. Three young boys shoot marbles in the dirt near the side porch, and inside strewn toys and more cats lie about on the floors. A few children take care of chores, while coughs and sneezes softly erupt from the children’s dormitories upstairs.
Auntie Baltwin, an old hag of a human woman, quickly appears as the group enters the house.
What do you do next?
Please submit your turn instructions using the Player Action Response - Turn Post Template.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Conditions
None
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Party Health:
Fergus 9/9, Jerry 14/14, Noc Stonepriest 12/12, Ronan Hex 9/9, Korg the Mighty 8/8

In Service to Lore Turn Results 2

With the help of Fergus and Korg, Jerry is able to gather the following bits of information from residents of Eastgate before the group visits Auntie Baltwin’s Home for Recovery.
·         Auntie Baltwin’s Home for Recovery is known for being a place where sick kids go to get better, and the results seem amazing.
·         Miltivis, who runs a nearby market, claims he’s served Auntie Baltwin for over 30 years, and while a good customer, she is quite demanding and often rude to the other customers. He says she’s kept his supplier of fine whiskeys in business for decades.
·         Gilga Baltwin’s neighbors Travost and Tirelle Anthos are frankly tired of the noises the children make and the retinue of cats—though they do appreciate the latter’s mousing skills. They admit to being happy when Auntie Baltwin sends the children “off into the town”  during the day, as it gives them a few hours of peace and quiet before they return in the evening.
·         At the estate across the street, Master Trebb Bonto, a retired builder, says nothing but nice things of Lady Baltwin, as he calls her. He recounts tales of tea and games on the sitting porch, though if pressed, he lets slip that she often cheats at games and sometimes had some shady characters coming to whisper in her ear and palm her small bags of what might have been money before slinking away. “Otherwise a fine lady, indeed.” He quickly adds.

Thursday, August 18, 2011

In Service to Lore GM Turn Post 2

Upon Arriving at the Temple of the Shining Star, you are immediately directed to Ollysta Zadrian. As she notices your arrival, she strides forward, addressing the group in a strong voice.
 “Thank the light of Sarenrae you have arrived! I knew Ambrus would come through for us in the Silver Crusade. I desperately need you to bring medicine to an orphanage and let me know if the headmistress, Gilga Baltwin, is deserving of our charity. Since our quest began, the needy have clamored for our aid, and I suspect some are abusing our generosity. It may sound cruel, but there are plenty of dishonest people out in the world eager for easy gold.
“Do you know of the Silver Crusade? After discovering so many factions splintered the Society, a number of us banded together to proliferate the cause of charity and kindness using the Society’s resources. As it is said, ‘The Dawn brings new light’ and I’ve made it my life’s work to use our recent darkness to bring a new light to the world and to the Pathfinder Society.
“I apologize for straying off point. Will you bring this parcel of medicine to Auntie Baltwin’s Home for Recovery in the Eastgate district?”
What do you do?
Please submit your turn instructions using the Player Action Response - Turn Post Template.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Conditions
None
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Party Health:
Fergus 9/9, Jerry 14/14, Noc Stonepriest 12/12, Ronan Hex 9/9, Korg the Mighty 8/8

In Service to Lore Turn Results 1

Consulting a map and the list of tasks, the group decided upon a plan of action and set out from the Grand Lodge to first perform the task for Ollysta Zadrian . Travel from the Foreign Quarter to the Ascendant Court went without incident.

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

In Service to Lore GM Turn Post 1


Fresh off their induction into the Society and the completion of your basic training within the
organization, you find yourselves in the office of Ambrus Valsin, the venture-captain in charge of
daily operations in and around the Grand Lodge. The efficient and straightforward chamberlain greets you curtly and motions for you to sit before jumping straight into your assignment.


“All right, Pathfinders! Listen up. I know you are new recruits eager to make names for yourselves in the organization, but first we need to make sure you are up to snuff and won’t get yourself killed out there. I have a number of small assignments for you and your team, and it would be best if you could finish them before the day’s end.

“Every day we get some doe-eyed hopeful or some sniveling bootlicker willing to do anything
to join up with the Pathfinders. Most of them are good kids, but not all of them have the salt to
make it in a world like this. It’s rough out there and I’m not just talking about the ruins, tombs,
and wilderness Pathfinders find themselves in on missions. We’ve got people who look
down their noses at us, folks who think we squander our resources, and agents who want to take everything we have collected. This wealth of knowledge and these items of lore make us the most powerful organization on the planet. That said, since we are fractured and widespread, it’s difficult for that power to light on anything for too long. For every friend of the Society, there are two enemies.

“Your first mission, to test your mettle and loyalties, sends you to meet a few people important to the Society living here in Absalom. These are other venture-captains or close allies of our organization, so follow their orders as you would mine. I’ve prepared a list of things I want you to do. They’re not arranged in any particular order of importance, but I want them all completed as quickly as possible. Only report to me once you complete them all. Included in the envelope you hold in your hands is the list, complete with the name of your contact, and directions to the meeting location.”


See the Missions/Goals and the Map of Absalom pages for the details.

What do you do?


Please submit your turn instructions using the Player Action Response - Turn Post Template.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Conditions
None
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Party Health:
Fergus 9/9, Jerry 14/14, Noc Stonepriest 12/12, Ronan Hex 9/9, Korg the Mighty 8/8

Korg the Mighty has joined the party

Matt H is playing a half-orc sorcerer named Korg the Mighty. He has been added to the web site and linked to the blog.

I have placed the initial character summary document on the web site and linked it to the blog as well. I need to complete the individual character tabs but it should be ready for us to get started.

The only thing that I am not sure about is the marching order. I placed the characters as I received them. You may which to refine this. If so, please respond here with your desired position.

All that said ... Game On!

Monday, August 15, 2011

Ronan has joined the party

Matt F is playing a Magus. His name is Ronan. He has been posted to the web site and linked to the blog.

Friday, August 12, 2011

Noc has joined the ranks

Brad's dwarven monk Noc Stonepriest has been received and posted to the blog.

Thursday, August 11, 2011

How's this for your dwarf monk?



We now have Jerry

Bruce has sent his character. I have posted him to the blog.

Matt F will be looking his over again this weekend. I expect he will send it along by the start of the week. He plans to play a barbarian.

Brad plans to play a monk.

I have not heard what Matt H plan to play.

Fergus has arrived but still waiting on the rest

I have one character sheet. I need four more before we get rolling.

We have an open spot. Any suggestions on who to offer it to?

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Characters for PBBPS?

I was thinking Barbarian for me. What is everyone else thinking?

Time to get this rolling

Gen Con is over. I can start this once everyone that wants to play is ready.

I need from the players:

1) a newly created PFS character (Hero Lab .por and .pdf preferred)
2) a .jpg image to use as your avatar
3) a marching order, double and single file

Brad, Matt F, Bruce and Dave have accepeted the invites. Matt H has been invited again (as he said he was game). Paul is out for now. That leaves room for one more. Is there anyone else you would like to invite?

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

It has been built

I built the site. We now need to determine what we will do with it.