Combat Map - Turn 57

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

In Service to Lore GM Turn Post 1


Fresh off their induction into the Society and the completion of your basic training within the
organization, you find yourselves in the office of Ambrus Valsin, the venture-captain in charge of
daily operations in and around the Grand Lodge. The efficient and straightforward chamberlain greets you curtly and motions for you to sit before jumping straight into your assignment.


“All right, Pathfinders! Listen up. I know you are new recruits eager to make names for yourselves in the organization, but first we need to make sure you are up to snuff and won’t get yourself killed out there. I have a number of small assignments for you and your team, and it would be best if you could finish them before the day’s end.

“Every day we get some doe-eyed hopeful or some sniveling bootlicker willing to do anything
to join up with the Pathfinders. Most of them are good kids, but not all of them have the salt to
make it in a world like this. It’s rough out there and I’m not just talking about the ruins, tombs,
and wilderness Pathfinders find themselves in on missions. We’ve got people who look
down their noses at us, folks who think we squander our resources, and agents who want to take everything we have collected. This wealth of knowledge and these items of lore make us the most powerful organization on the planet. That said, since we are fractured and widespread, it’s difficult for that power to light on anything for too long. For every friend of the Society, there are two enemies.

“Your first mission, to test your mettle and loyalties, sends you to meet a few people important to the Society living here in Absalom. These are other venture-captains or close allies of our organization, so follow their orders as you would mine. I’ve prepared a list of things I want you to do. They’re not arranged in any particular order of importance, but I want them all completed as quickly as possible. Only report to me once you complete them all. Included in the envelope you hold in your hands is the list, complete with the name of your contact, and directions to the meeting location.”


See the Missions/Goals and the Map of Absalom pages for the details.

What do you do?


Please submit your turn instructions using the Player Action Response - Turn Post Template.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Conditions
None
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Party Health:
Fergus 9/9, Jerry 14/14, Noc Stonepriest 12/12, Ronan Hex 9/9, Korg the Mighty 8/8

8 comments:

  1. "Ronan's thoughts" as I don't know exactly where we are starting from. This is supposed to be done quickly.

    Looking at the map.

    Ascendant Court
    Wise Quarter
    Ivy District are to the NE.
    Docks are at the bottom of Absalom.
    The Grand Lodge whereabouts is unknown to me at the present time.

    I think we should first visit Ollystta Zadrian @ the Temple of the Shining Star in Ascendant Court. Medicine to an Orphanage sounds like the item where I would like to start.

    Then had to the offices of Dremdhet Sahlhar in the Wise Quarter to receive the Charter and Maps.

    Then retrieve the item from Zarta Dralneen the Ivy District.

    Then head to the "Pickled Imp" in the Docks District and meet with Guaril Karela and figure out what he needs done with the Rare Books.

    As far as the Marching order goes I am ok with the listed order.

    I have updated my charter sheet a bit and switched a feat. I will send it in soon. I am looking for a picture of my "Toon".

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I think the order does not matter as much as the speed in which we do these tasks, so Ronan's order is fine with me"

    the order looks good for me too.

    off we go..

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Ronan's idea is as good as any... Does the Venture Captain anticipate any of these jobs being more than a simple errand?" Korg awaits the others with his pack on, spear in hand....

    ReplyDelete
  4. The expectation is that these are simple but important errands.

    The Grand Lodge is located in the Foreign District.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking for posts from Brad and Dave.

    ReplyDelete
  6. "I'm fine with Ronan's task order. Orphans are as good a place as any to start, and if they give us any trouble, I feel we're qualified to handle them."

    In a lower tone of voice, Noc continues-

    "The phrase 'verify the character of the recipient' is a mite worrying. What kind'a bastard do they think is watching over these kids? ... Now I'm set. Let's go see the orphan's caretaker."

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think Fergus and Noc should switch places in the marching order.

    I'm also cool with Ronan's summary of order.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm fine with taking the front row. Noc is pretty durable (hopefully).

    ReplyDelete