Combat Map - Turn 57

Friday, June 23, 2017

Please provide a little more direction in your turn posts

Just something that has come to mind over the last several turns. For those of you posting conditional actions, I am doing my best to try to determine what your character would do.

That said, while it is helpful to say that you try to gain flanking, it is not as helpful if you do not identify the target and/or maximum movement you plan to take. If I do not know where you are thinking of moving or which target you have an eye upon it is hard to get the result you are hoping to achieve.

There have been several instances where a character could move to flanking but not move and attack. I have been assuming that you always want the attack regardless if you gain flanking. If you can achieve both it is a bonus.

5 comments:

  1. That would be my plan. Move & attack is good, flank & attack is better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My goal is to stay in the center of the party so I can Blat and cover everyone.

    i.e. E11 10' straight ahead

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's hard to figure what you want when you go after the bad guys move. I'll always be maneuvering to flank. Sometimes I consider it worth it (for a rogue) to spend an extra action moving to set it up... but that's usually a situation with tougher monsters.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I realize that there is some difficulty with this format. I do my best. I just want to make sure that there are no hard feelings if I do something with your character that you do not quite expect.

    I guess the morale of the story is that more direction is better than less.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Move to flank, attack if possible
    8+7=15 to hit
    3(3)damage
    18,3,7,5,20

    ReplyDelete