Combat Map - Turn 57

Monday, November 14, 2011

In Service of Lore GM Turn Post 14

Upon retrieving the case, the party exited the bedroom to meet with the paracountess once more.  Jerry attempts to return the letter opener but she smiles and declines. “No, you may keep that as a token of my esteem. You must come again so that I can properly entertain you.” She seductively licked her lips at the last.
Noc presented the limp but healing imp to Zarta. “This I will keep. You have been very naughty Kreuvus. Your punishment will be exquisite.”
To the party as a whole, “I believe you have what you came for. It has been a pleasure. Please come again so that we can experience further pleasures.”
The party took their leave of Paracountess Zarta and headed to complete their last task by visiting the curio shop, the Pickled Imp. Along the way, several party members noticed a human man watching them. When attempting to investigate and determine his intent, the man was lost in the crowd.
After a fair walk, the party found themselves at the Pickled Imp.
This creepy shop contains myriad odds and ends, most bereft of any discernible use. A number of malformed creatures and creature parts bob in jars on a long, prominent shelf, a tiny fetal devil centered in this macabre lineup. The shopkeeper, a greasy-haired Varisian with a thin mustache, shouts from behind the cluttered counter:
“Ah yes, I see the Pathfinders have arrived. I’m glad Ambrus was able to lend a few of his new recruits to help me. Please come in and let me tell you what I need.”
Looking around as if to be absolutely certain no customers are browsing the aisles of knock-off Thuvian burial urns or supposed Azlanti porcelain, he begins again.
“Well met. I am Guaril Karela. A friend of mine has a warehouse near here and he received a parcel on behalf of me and some of my associates, but there’s a problem. See, Master Gelbane had to leave town in a hurry and our shipment is still waiting at his warehouse. Rumor is he ended up in trouble with the law and the place was seized. I heard tell from someone down at the docks that some creep was snooping around his warehouse just the other night, so I want to make sure nothing of mine was taken. He keeps all kinds of things, from beer to nails, in that old pelican, but every now and then he stores something really special. This is one of those cases.”
“There’s a big crate marked with three crows arranged in a triangle. Inside that crate is a smaller container with a few books and papers in it. That’s the only parcel I’m interested in, and as far as I’m concerned, you can help yourself to the rest of the crate. Honestly, anything else you want in the place too. I’m sure the once things get sorted out, the city will seize most everything else anyway.”
“My associates and I often work with the Pathfinders when it comes to special relics and documents, getting them in and out of ports and across borders where the authorities ask too many questions. Most people don’t realize what they have and frankly many don’t deserve to have it, so sometimes we help take the goods off their hands. If things work out well and you get this done, I’d be glad to talk with you more and help you out with any future endeavors, as long as you help me out too. I’m good at returning favors, trust me.”
What do you do?
Please submit your turn instructions using the Player Action Response - Turn Post Template.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Conditions
None
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Party Health:
Fergus 9/9, Jerry 14/14, Noc Stonepriest 7/12, Ronan Hex 9/9, Korg the Mighty 8/8

5 comments:

  1. Korg carefully considers what he has heard.... "So this warehouse, its currently locked up, seized by the town authorities? And you wish for us to gain entrance, and retrieve your parcel? Is this correct?"

    ReplyDelete
  2. "That is the task in a nutshell. We have nothing to do with the troubles Master Gelbane has found himself in. We simply require our package. Please retrieve the books and papers."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jerry says,"ok fellows, lets get a move on." and heads out.
    Once we get there Jerry will scout the area.
    [17] [15] [11] [19] [15] [11] [17] [1] [14] [14]

    But he will keep an eye out for the cowboy that's been dog'ing us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fergus is just happy to be here.

    3, 14, 2, 19, 12, 20

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree, We must get this done quickly.

    Look for a route in that is not heavily guarded. Or not guarded at all. Making sure it is not trapped. We also need to make sure that human or his associates are not following us in.

    I would rather not tussle with the local authorities, so any conflict with them should be minimized.

    Maybe look for a building next to ours and enter thru the roof?

    Roll(10d20)+0:
    20,6,11,5,13,14,4,5,17,6,+0
    Total:101

    ReplyDelete