Combat Map - Turn 57

Wednesday, July 26, 2017

GoM: What Lurks in the Woods - GM Turn Post 23

The light is dim in this part of the forest, as the interlocking branches of the trees form a thick, shadowy canopy. A large, halfling-sized, plump caterpillar of brilliant color lowers itself from the trees before the party. The creature exhibits a strangely self-important bearing as it demands, “Who are you that dare trespass in my kingdom? What are your names? You have the privilege of addressing Asiclassus.”

What do you do?

Starting positions are displayed on the combat map.

Please submit your turn instructions using the Player Action Response - Turn Post Template. If you are planning to use a specific skill, please list the skill and the associated roll(s) along with your 5 d20 rolls.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Conditions:
N/A

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Map Key:
N/A

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Party Health:

Cando Numida (19/19), Wahesh Captain (20/20), Stabem (17/17), Lady Emyralda (16/16), Ro-Mahn (15/15), Barnacleez (19/19), Lou G'Boo (9/9)

20 comments:

  1. Excuse me sir, Mr. GM? I must protest my HP total... after the fight with the plant I would have beseeched my Lady friend to provide healing spells before we rested for the night.

    AS for the encounter...

    "I am Cando Numida, Pathfinder extraordinaire. My friends and I are on the hunt for murderous goblins, and have no quarrel with you or your kingdom." He then relates the Cliff Notes version of their Goblin encounters so far, concluding with the quality of the breakfast they just finished, and a polite yet firm suggestion to let us pass.

    Intimidate - not to threaten per se, but to impress and awe him with my/our mightiness. The first option from this link, convince them to act friendly towards us...

    http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/coreRulebook/skills/intimidate.html

    13 roll +7 skill +2 Half-orc +4 size mod = 26

    No movement except to prevent the creature from moving adjacent to me. Got to have my personal space...

    Other Rolls: 10,17,6,9,11

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I considered that but I wanted to hear the cleric say she was doing it. I will adjust as appropriate. I would guess you can be healed in full.

      Delete
  2. Huh. Looks like a Pokemon.

    "Your kingdom? Well, pardon us, mighty Asiclassus! We seek to do you the favor of ridding your kingdom of vermin such as this--" gives Izgarp a poke. "As my brawny friend has said, we're well on our way to scouring the land of this plague. We've no intention of harming anyone along the way. Would you care to help?"

    Diplomacy: 20!+6= 26. I can do no better.

    3 3 10 13 1

    ReplyDelete
  3. BTW... KS roll, anyone? I've never heard of this Pokem--er, monster so I dunno which roll it would be. Nature?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The skill you are looking for is Knowledge: Arcana.

      Delete
  4. watch, listen

    d20: 17, 2, 19, 10, 6

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Does Banacleez want to make a Knowledge: Arcana roll? Does he introduce himself and his friends?

      Delete
    2. He will. He does.
      I'm a bit busy at work to write it all out.

      Delete
    3. KS: Arcana 16+6=22. You identify Asiclassus as a magical beast known as a Katroome. They mostly live deep within forests or similar uninhabited areas and are known as self-assigned protectors and emissaries of the forest. Occasionally, spellcasters take on a Katroome as a familiar.

      You may ask 2 additional questions.

      Delete
    4. Typically Chaotic Neutral.

      Web attack targeting a single target.

      Delete
  5. Convert shield of faith to cure light wounds. Blat after. I am on my phone.

    Let Hampton roll.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can heal from your resource from the previous day. I will just assume that Cando is healed in full.

      Delete
  6. Do I know anything about this critter?
    Local Nature: 14+1=15
    Local Knowledge: 9+1=10

    "Whoa! That's mighty unusual."
    "Well, pleased to meet you, uh, Mr.(?!)Asiclassus. I'm Wahesh."

    and your Powerball #s are = 10, 15, 3, 9, 14

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have never heard of or seen such a creature.

      Delete
  7. Any input from Steve? Anything additional from Matt F?

    ReplyDelete
  8. We are on a wonderful adventure to slay goblins, unless they are your friends. But if not you are welcome to join us to protect your kingdom.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Introduce myself also and attempt to sense motive
    17+4=21
    12,17,20,1,15

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. omg lookit Steve posting without a barrage of text insults

      Delete