Combat Map - Turn 57

Wednesday, August 8, 2018

GoM: The Festering Blot - GM Turn Post 46


Begin Combat Round 2. Starting positions are displayed on the combat map.

Initiative 26: Ro-Mahn
Initiative 23: Stabem
Initiative 17: Barnacleez
Initiative 13: Lady Emyralda
Initiative 9: Wahesh
Initiative 7: Cando
Initiative 3: Fiendish Mites

Please submit your turn instructions using the Player Action Response - Turn Post Template. If you are planning to use a specific skill, please list the skill and the associated roll(s) along with your 5 d20 rolls.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Conditions:

Lady Emyralda - 2 Constitution damage
All - Inspire Courage - +1 morale bonus on saving throws against charm and fear effects and a +1 competence bonus on attack and weapon damage rolls

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Map Key:

The large S indicates the secret door.

The red line indicates are cleared of Demon’s Bile.

Ceiling - The ceiling is approximately 10 feet above the dry portion of the room.

Lighting - the room is dark without any natural light.

The stairs are steep and are considered difficult terrain when ascending or descending.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Party Health:

Cando Numida (26/26), Wahesh Captain (29/31), Stabem (24/24), Lady Emyralda (20/20), Ro-Mahn (22/22), Barnacleez (26/26), Lou G'Boo (13/13)

8 comments:

  1. Barnacleez thought.. "Well this seems to be going well, a few seconds in and already three of the nasty blighters are down.

    Missy and I have been doing alright as a team, she's the best, I can always count on her. I will miss her once she's gone. But everyone and everything has a time and place.

    I sure hope I don't have to get close to the edge of the drop off to get a better aim. I remember last time I was on the edge of a precipice, my vertigo kicked in and I almost fell off the cliff. If Lou G'Boo hadn't grabbed my belt and pulled me back I'd have fallen.

    ...Lou G'Boo and I met in the jungle city of Tanaray. Man what a hell-hole that was. Hot, it was hella hot. And that, my friend, is super hot. The only thing worse than the heat was the humidity. I also met Mike & the Larry's there. Mike & Larrys have not gotten much play on this adventure. Crossbows are so tricky to use, once you're used to the ease of magic.
    Maybe I can train Lou to use a crossbow. Maybe not, she is a wee little thing, and Mike is bigger than her. Still, I have to think of something for Lou G'Boo to do, I'd hate for her to get bored and quit the company. I should teach her to read, then let her handle Reggie, Molly, and the rest of the scroll family. you never know when a buff or patch of grease will be needed.

    If I could only get the right angle on this, a burning hands spell could turn the tide of this fight. But it's tricky trying to guess what my associates might do, I'd hate to get them in the area of effect. If only I were quicker. Maybe if I got close to the edge I could get an angle on this. "Hey Lou, grab my belt, I'm going in."



    if i can move to the edge and get an angle where i could get 2 or 3 mites in a burning hands, i will. otherwise Missy and i will plink away at them as before.

    "Burning Hands incoming lads!"

    --cast burning hands, unless it's not a good angle, then Missy & I will shoot--

    d20= 12, 14, 12, 11, 5
    if magic missle, 1d4=1+1=2
    if burning hands, 3d4=1, 3, 3=7 ref ST for half

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinks to herself, Welcome to the Jungle (We have fun and games) Barnacleez..

    5" step to next stair to (e7) should be ok since I am not going up or down.
    Target a mite in the back. Firebolt.

    Roll(5d20)+0:
    14,9,5,12,13,+0
    Total:53

    Roll(1d6)+0:
    4,+0
    Total:4

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back, Keith!

    Wahesh tries to sing something inspirational: "Mite, mite, you're bloody-well...no, no that's no good. Damn. Ah, forget it. Barding is hard!"
    Will attack mite B5.

    Will also be on the lookout for burning hands and/or monkey firing crossbow.

    LSword: 17+5+1=23 LDamage: 4+3+1=8
    Ssword: 14+3+1=18 SDamage: 6+3+1=10

    3, 14, 7, 11, 9

    ReplyDelete
  4. If I can get turns from Matt H, Dave and Steve by tomorrow, I will post another turn before the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Attempt to tumble THROUGH the mite in A5: 25
    Move to A4 and ready to flank-stab with Stabem.

    IF TUMBLE FAILS move to A6 and stab mite in A5.

    To hit: 11+7+2f=20f
    Damage: 2
    Flank Damage: 1

    1 1 5 8 11

    ReplyDelete
  6. On behalf of Fuckface:

    Move to A6 and flank with Ro-Mahn. Stab mite in B5 if primary target is dead.
    Stab: 19! + 8+2f =29f
    Confirm crit: 11+8+2f=21f
    Damage: 6
    Crit damage: 6
    Flank damage: 3

    2 7 2 7 9

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cursing his slow, steady nature, Cando waits for the flurry of action ahead to create an opening for his axe, and continues to sing...

    Move ahead and attack if possible; if not, double move ahead to engage more mites. Give flanking to a friend if possible.

    Attack roll: 9 +6 = 15
    Damage: 1 +4 +1(AS)

    More rolls: 6,8,17,11

    ReplyDelete