Combat Map - Turn 57

Thursday, March 16, 2017

Gallows of Madness: A Foul Breed – Turn Results 11

Ro-Mahn answered the priest, “Well met, your holiness. Can we speak with you in a more private place? I promise it won’t take much of your time..."

The priest responded, “These are my private quarters. No one will bother us here my child but if it will easy your mind, I will close the door.”

Once the door was closed, Ro-Mahn continued, “We're investigating the disappearance of several apprentices about town. Have you any insight into the current whereabouts of young Nolaria?"
Ruvarra responded, “I do not know where she is. I am afraid that my duties at the temple have prevented me from looking for Nolaria. Besides the daily prayers and blessings, we currently have some injured in the infirmary.”

The priest continued, “My adoptive daughter is becoming skilled in the ways of Erastil but she has so much more to learn, including patience. She has the desire of the young and a thirst for adventure. It may also be in her blood. Both of her parents were officers in Isger’s army during the Goblinblood Wars. They were both killed during a raid on the village where they were stationed. Nolaria was there, one of the few survivors. I found her hiding under the bell of the ruined temple of Erastil. I knew this to be a sign that she was destined to serve the church. I took her in as my daughter and began training her in the ways of the faith.”

He paused before finishing his thought, “Nolaria likes to bend the rules but she is good at heart. She would not knowingly endanger her friends, but she does often overestimates her abilities. I expect in time, Erastil willing, she will accept her role in the church and leave the foolish hopes of adventure behind for good.”

Stabem leaned against a wall and dozed while Barnacleez and Cando listened to the conversation intently. Neither discerned anything that rang false or evasive. 

Wahesh asked a follow-up question, “Sir, has anyone made you aware, or have you noticed anything strange going on; any unusual injuries show up in your infirmary?”

The priest pondered for a moment and then answered, “Nothing of note. The two souls in the infirmary were injured in a farming accident. They appear to be mending well under care.”

As Ildris Ruvarra walked the Pathfinders out of his quarters, the party passed by the infirmary. Lady Emyralda took a moment to examine the two patients. Both appeared to have commonplace injuries, cuts and broken bones, and were healing well. The priest smiled and thanked her for her efforts and concern. "I am not sure if this will be helpful but I believe the last place anyone reported seeing Nolaria was in the Gallows' Graveyard. She was talking in some air with her pet raven."

2 comments:

  1. "How long ago was this, Reverend?"

    "Many thanks for speaking with us, and if you hear of or notice anything related to our missing apprentices, please seek us out."

    ReplyDelete
  2. The priest responded, "It was a few days ago."

    ReplyDelete