Combat Map - Turn 57

Friday, March 24, 2017

Gallows of Madness: A Foul Breed – Turn Results 18

After a few moments of silence, Ro-Mahn started to question the cobbler, “Hello mum. We're investigating the rash of apprentice disappearances. Have you seen yours about recently?"

In response, Drummady looked at the party with a mix of distrust, fear and dread.

Wahesh followed up with, "The mayor has asked us to poke around, Ms. Laterna, Ma'am. Judging from what we've found so far it sure looks like Pavolus and his friends could be in a lot of danger. We'd sure appreciate anything you can tell us that might set us on the right path to finding them."

The cobbler’s façade cracked under questioning. Her posture showed the worry evident in her voice as she responded, “I have not seen my son in two days. To make the matter worse, my daughter is missing too! Betrona is my ex-husband, Petrello’s apprentice. She lives and works in his haberdashery. She went missing around the same time as Pavolus.”

She continued with frustration entering her voice, “Petrello blames Gellion for all of this. He maintains that Gellion is a bad influence on Pavolus. Petrello sees the boy as a distraction at best and believes that Pavolus can do better for friends.” The cobbler finished in a quiet voice, just above a whisper, “I do not know what we are to do. Where are my children?”

After giving the woman a moment to gather herself, Barnacleez asked a follow-up question, “Seeing as you're a foot expert, a little bird gave us the clue 'Yellow-Foot', does that mean anything to you?”

The woman’s expression turned to puzzlement with a wistful smile. She responded, “Funny you should say that. Pavolus recently made Gellion a pair of bright yellow boots as a gift. They were the finest quality. Something I would be proud to sell in my shop. My son’s friendship for Gellion is strong. I would say that boy inspires rather than distracts my son. I think it is that way with Betrona and the other apprentices. They are loyal to Gellion and follow his lead, even if only by instinct.”

No comments:

Post a Comment